Chief, Intergovernmental, Inter-agency & Policy Dialogue Branch (IIPDB), New York, D-1
New York City (United States of America)
The Chief, IIPDB, reporting to the Director, Policy and Strategy Division (PSD) and working with senior managers across the organization, leads an interdisciplinary team in the positioning of the Fund in key inter-governmental and inter-agency fora to deliver on the UNFPA Strategic Plan, the 2030 Agenda, and the Secretary General’s reform of the UN Development System. The Chief deepens trust with the critical intergovernmental partners necessary to advance the ICPD programme of action through strengthening the alignment of national implementation with the UNFPA mandated outcomes and resolutions in international multilateral instruments and provides strategic leadership to the inter-agency UN Reform processes.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s Degree or equivalent Degree in Population and Development, Health and Social Sciences, International and Public Relations or Development Studies.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 15 years of relevant and increasingly responsible professional and managerial experience in reproductive health, population and development and multilateral affairs at the international level. Strong knowledge of human rights, global health and humanitarian affairs an asset;
- Knowledge of the ICPD agenda and related intergovernmental processes and negotiations essential;
- Strong inter-personal skills, strong public speaking skills; excellent speech writing and report writing skills;
- Knowledge of the substantial content of the reproductive health and population and development programming is essential.
- Proficiency in English required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN language an asset
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: New York City (United States of America)
- Grade: D-1, Director - Internationally recruited position - Senior Executive level
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- International Relations
- Legal - Broad
- Managerial positions
- Peace and Development
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Conflict prevention
- Public, Private Partnership
- Closing Date: 2019-01-15