HR and Administration Officer - Tehran based (Iran Nationals Only) - Iran
Tehrān (Iran) | #29
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs
NRC in the Islamic Republic Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 8 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives amongst INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
About the position: HR/Admin Officer for NRC Iran- (Tehran)
NRC is now seeking a dedicated/experienced HR/Admin Officer to achieve quality support function in Iran. The HR/Admin Officer will support all HR/Admin activities under supervision of Area Manager in Tehran.
Our ideal Candidate
Are you NRC’s future HR/Admin Officer in Iran? NRC has a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated, hard worker and analytical thinker with a proven track record of efficient in Human Resource /Administration field to achieve quality in support function
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by the management
- Ensure proper filling of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Ensure timely delivery of Administration services (travel, premises, immigration procedure ….) at office level in coordination with Country Office
- Contribute to the organization of events such as trainings, workshop, seminars
- General follow up of the NRC office and houses /apartments at Area level and ensure that utility bills are paid
- Working with different teams/CC at Area level and compiling monthly visits plan.
- Maintain compilation of proper individual files for NRC employees at Area level.
- Follow up of staff attendance and administration (leaves, absence,.) at Office level in coordination with Country Office
- Proven experience in humanitarian sector is an asset
- Proven experience of HR/Administration management
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Proven knowledge and skills related to Human Resource and Administration in the Iranian context and Iranian laws
- Fluency in English and Persian, both written and spoken
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Duty Station: Tehran
Contract duration/until: End of 2019 with extension possibility.
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and condition
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tehrān (Iran) | #29
- Grade: Level not specified
- Human Resources
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2019-01-19