Administrative Associate (Open to Solomon Islands Nationals ONLY)
Honiara (Solomon Islands)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Country Programme Coordinator, the Administrative Associate supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work to the UN Women Solomon Islands Country Office team, in close coordination with Fiji MCO Programme and Operations Team, UN Agencies and national stakeholders to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, and agendas.
The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. S/he works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and Projects staff team to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery.
The Administrative Associate ensures effective and efficient functioning of the country presence, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide effective general administration and operations support to the CO/MCO in compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies:
- Support operational and logistical management with the formulation of annual work plans and the implementation of the Strategic Note (2018-2021) in SOI;
- Organize shipments, customs clearance arrangements, and prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas and Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), identity cards and other documents;
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Provide administrative support to maintenance of premises and common services, as needed;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, as necessary;
- Performance of a General User role in Atlas and preparation of e-requisitions for services and travel activities;
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance;
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and fuel consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to Country Programme Coordinator (SOI);
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit;
- Custodian of the management of Office Petty Cash;
- Screening of all incoming calls and recording of correspondence.
Coordinate and organize assets management and procurement processes:
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution;
- Coordinate assets management in the office, prepare and submit periodic inventory reports, coordinate physical verification of inventory items;
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for the office and monitor their implementation;
- Generate procurement related reports;
- Research and draft responses to enquiries;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services;
- Organize procurement activities and processes, including preparation and conduct of Request for Quotations, Invitations to Bid or Requests for Proposals, the opening and evaluation of tenders;
- Coordinate contract negotiations, prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, as required;
- Prepare Purchase Orders (PO) and contracts in and outside Atlas, create vendor profiles in Atlas;
- Review procurement processes conducted by projects; submissions to the Procurement Review Committee.
Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide administrative support in the organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on administrative related matters;
- Compile lessons learnt and best practices in administration, procurement, and human resources.
Support other operations related activities as may be needed and requested by supervisor
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
- Timely and quality procurement services;
- Perform duties in a transparent and cost-effective manner;
- Provide timely and quality advice to clients;
- Timely and quality reports.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web-based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience and knowledge of Atlas or other ERP system would be a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.