Grants Manager, South Sudan
Juba (South Sudan) | South Sudan
Do you have substantial experience in Grants Management? Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a seasoned Grants Manager to oversee grant acquisition, implementation, monitoring, and reporting in support of our response in South Sudan. For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Provides oversight for all grants within the South Sudan grants portfolio, ensuring timely submission of proposals, reports, and amendments.
- Liaises between Samaritan’s Purse and Governmental/Non-Governmental authorities for collaborative programming on behalf of Samaritan’s Purse, including participating in cluster meetings related to the Program Development Officer’s (PDO’s) sector of expertise. Integrates cluster strategies into project design, as appropriate.
- Coordinates with PDO and Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) staff to be sure grants are on track for timely completion and that targets are being met.
- Works with Director of Finance to ensure systems that provide for preparation of timely and accurate donor reports are in place.
- Provides oversight to the National M&E Officer and works with him/her to develop systems of data collection, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Monitors and is aware of upcoming agency “calls for proposals” and proactively informs the Country Director, Regional Director, and Regional Program Development Officer of upcoming opportunities.
- Regularly travels to field sites to better understand the operational environment and challenges faced in project implementation while providing guidance on donor and organizational rules and regulations.
- Encourages opportunities for inter-departmental capacity building and learning, liaising regularly with both the Finance and Logistics departments.
- Provides strategy and oversight for the Programs Department, evaluating potential funding opportunities, based on their fit within Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan’s vision and mission.
- BA degree or above in social sciences, public health, business administration or international development.
- 4 or more years’ experience in grants/contracts management, or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- One year (12 semester hours) of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Experience in WFP, USAID, UNDP-CHF, UNHCR, UNICEF, and DFATD funded projects.
- Experience in FSL, WASH, nutrition, or food aid projects.
- Experience working for INGOs, preferably in Africa.
- At least 1 year of experience acting in a supervisory role strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate both financial and programmatic functions of grant management
- Proven experience in database development and management
- Arabic language skills preferred but not required.
24 month contract with potential for extension
This position is unaccompanied.
International Employee Benefits:
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
To receive consideration for this position, please submit application, cover letter, and current resume through the link, below: