Senior ERP Developer , Multiple positions
Background information - ICT
UNOPS Information and Communication Technology (ICT) unit´s purpose is to embed innovation and harness cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. UNOPS ICT unit is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The unit includes Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Designers and Developers from all around the world which are based primarily in Denmark and Thailand.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.
Reporting to the Development Team Lead, the ERP developer works closely with other members of the ICT team to undertake developments in order to deliver business solutions. The ERP developer will primarily focus on:
Application Development within Unit4 Business World/Agresso ERP to ensure that enhancements to the application are undertaken in a carefully planned manner and include the following sub-processes within functional areas of Finance, HR & Payroll, Project Management and Procurement:
- Define and manage system enhancements to the Unit4 Business World ERP to streamline operations and usability, including execution, co-ordination of testing, and sign-off
- Implementation of new modules
- Standard change implementation
- Ad hoc change implementation
- Design and develop reports within the system
- Unit testing and integration testing
- Provide key input and assistance for user acceptance testing
- Assist in the development of training materials and other guidance
- Adequately document all work activities, including design specifications and test plans
Application Support Assistance. Assist in the support of the Unit4 Business World/Agresso ERP, including the following sub-processes and procedures:
- Testing of existing and new functionality and when upgrades / patches are applied
- Configures changes to the ERP, including both regular and ad-hoc updates to the system and oversight of associated procedures
- Work closely with the UNOPS ICT Services team / external hosting provided to address any system performance issues.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Masters Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology and Information Systems, Finance or Management Sciences is required.
A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master's degree
- Minimum 2 years of configuring / customising ERP systems is required, preferably in an international development environment
- 1 year of experience working with Unit4 Business World/Agresso development is required.
- Substantial experience in development, documentation and maintenance of relevant standards, guidelines and procedures
- Substantive technical experience in Unit4 Business World/Agresso ERP is desired.
- Solid knowledge of SQL is an asset.
- Fluent English is required.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement Contract level: I-ICA1
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.