Requisition ID: req3748
Job Title: Senior WPE Manager
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
The IRC is seeking a Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Senior Manager with a strong background on GBV interventions (including prevention, mitigation and response) and experience in managing teams and building the capacity of staff. The WPE Senior Manager will have sound technical knowledge of core services for GBV survivors, including case management and PSS, and will have previous experience on community based interventions. The WPE Senior Manager will work closely with the WPE Coordinator and the WPE Managers in Akkar and Bekaa to ensure quality and timely implementation of the WPE program.
The position will be based in Beirut with travel to sites of implementation in the Bekaa and North Lebanon region.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Team management and capacity building:
- Provide technical support to WPE Managers to ensure efficient team management and quality program implementation, including quality provision of services for GBV survivors such as case management and PSS.
- Support WPE Managers to create capacity development plans for their teams based on assessed capacity gaps
- Develop and facilitate trainings on GBV technical topics for staff and other service providers and ensure proper follow up through field visit and on the job coaching.
- Support the WPE Coordinator in managing and providing support to the WPE team across the country as requested
- Contribute to assessing job expectations, performance, and objectives through providing ongoing feedback and as a part of the annual Performance Review and Planning Process.
- Contribute to learning, experience and knowledge sharing amongst the WPE team.
Program Implementation and Monitoring:
- Provide technical support and quality oversight during implementation of key components of the program, including GBV prevention, mitigation and response.
- Lead on ensuring continuous update and adaptations of key curriculums and tools used in the context of WPE programming.
- Provide support to the team in the development and use of M&E tools to monitor program implementation and quality, as well as to collect feedback from beneficiaries and analyze findings.
- Oversee development and mainstreaming of targeted activities for adolescent girls across all WPE implementation sites and document lessons learnt
- Support WPE Managers in monitoring and managing the project budgets and review monthly spending updates
- Lead regular reporting to donors, coordination mechanisms and IRC headquarters in collaboration with field teams, M&E and Training Officer and WPE Coordinator
- Work closely with field teams to maintain and update project planning and reporting documents
- Support WPE Coordinator and field teams in liaising with Supply Chain, Finance and HR departments to ensure timely delivery of program resources and adherence to IRC policies and procedures
- Support in the overall achievement of grant activities, deliverables, and budget compliance within donor guidelines.
Program development & Coordination:
- Provide input into program development and strategic planning for the WPE sector in Lebanon
- Support WPE team in representing IRC to GBV and Protection local coordination mechanisms
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders to enhance cooperation and coordination.
- Support the WPE Coordinator as requested
Staff Management and Development
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
Position works with: Adolescent Girls Manager, Capacity Building Manager, M&E Manager, Programme Support Officer, Senior Officers, and frontline workers
- Position Reports to: WPE Coordinator
- Position directly supervises: Program Managers
- University degree in Gender or Women Studies, Social Work, Public Health, International Affairs or other relevant field
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience in the area of GBV prevention and response
- In-depth understanding of the root causes of GBV, related international standards, and GBV prevention and response strategies
- Proven leadership, program and staff management skills
- Competency in developing budgets and proposals, writing donor reports
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills. Ability to multi-task, handle pressure, work with limited supervision and be a good team player
- Experience working in unstable security situations and managing teams remotely preferred
Travel and other requirements: Staff will be based in Beirut, with extensive trainings in different fields. Returning National Candidates: We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the Country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, the Syria Response Region has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply. IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs.