HR Coordinator - Personnel & Recruitment - Irbid (Nationals Only) - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role of the HR Coordinator is to oversee and lead the HR operations in the Area Office. The primary role of the HR Coordinator is the day to day implemention of personnel SOPs, supporting line managers and staff in personnel queries and issues. The HR Coordinator will also line manage and oversee the Technical Recruitment Officer who has day to day management of recruitment in the Area Office.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents.
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
- Management of support team.
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and the national labor law in all processes and procedures.
- Advice in personnel conflicts/processes when relevant.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, introductions, trainings, staff benefits schemes etc.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers etc.
- Ensure accuracy of staff salaries.
- Ensure that staff records in all offices in the area are up to date and filed appropriately.
- Ensure timely implementation HR activities and disemination of HR SOPs and policies in the Area Office
- Ensure that onboarding, induction, performance management and exit procedures are implemented for all staff in the Area Office.
- Advise and support line managers and staff with personnel queries in line with NRC SOP's and HR policies.
- Follow up on disciplinary measures/meetings, conflict management; participate in investigations as required.
- Ensure accurate and timely data is maintained in all NRC files online and hardcopy.
- Ensure national staff benefits indluding leave and medical insurance are processed and tracked as per NRC procedures.
- Oversee the Technical Recruitment Officer to ensure implementation of recruitment processes through advertisement, workforce planning, pro-active sourcing, advertising, selection and job offers.
- Provide personnel and recruitment reports as required.
- Other tasks as required by the line manager.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a candidate with a Bachelor degree or higher, 5 years of experience, Experience of managing HR function in an NGO. Experience of leading and developing staff. Experience of working in HR department covering minimum 200 plus staff.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, to have the ability to analyze data and trends for informed decisions and Capacity building skills.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications will be screened as received and position will close once a suitable candidate is identified.
Contract period: Till September 30 2019
Salary/benefits: 2227 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Irbid
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs