MUAC Operational Systems (MOSYS) Expert
- Function title: MUAC Operational Systems (MOSYS) Expert
- Reference: NOC-MA-2019-AD/054
- Location: Maastricht
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Staff regulations
- Grades for publication: AD5-6-7-8
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12)
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 5 Year(s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting is required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: MAAS/OPS/OSD/Maastricht Operational Systems (MO)
- Competition publication date: 28/02/2019
- Competition closing date: 28/03/2019 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: A reserve list valid for one year may be established for the recruitment of similar posts
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, the Maastricht Operational Systems Service ensures that operational requirements from internal and external users are aligned with the MUAC operational concept and with the MUAC strategy and decisions of operational and technical nature.
Your role will be to:
- capture, analyse, evaluate and define business requirements from Current OPS and external users to improve systems taking into account probable impact of changes.
- elaborate proposals and technical recommendations in order to anticipate customers’ needs, and ensure that operational and system changes meet the requirements of the Current Operations and external users.
- share findings and plans, report on functional and technical issues, make recommendations (incl. workaround, alternative solutions) and provide advice and status reports;
- serve as liaison between customers and service provider, and work closely with key players (e.g. architects, project managers, developers, release managers, etc.) to ensure solutions meet agreed requirements and business strategy;
- ensure flow of communication on activities to ensure alignment across the different internal partners. To draft technical working documents as support for the operations’ users.
- support the project managers with System Level Operations (SLO) support.
- ensure that safety, quality and security requirements are met in area of responsibility.
- manage and task the System Monitoring and Revision Team (SMART), and/or user representatives.
- keep up to date with innovation in the field and in future operational tools, and to contribute to working groups, meeting, projects etc.
- perform any other tasks in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of 3 years preferably in a field related to Aeronautical engineering, or professional training of an equivalent level (i.e. ATCO license).
- In addition to the above, minimum 1 year of relevant working experience. Experience as ATCO would be considered an asset.
- Internal candidates who do not meet the required level of education must justify appropriate professional experience within the Agency structure. Internal candidates should check on the intranet what level of in-house experience is required to compensate for any lack of educational qualifications.
- Experience of ATM/ATC technical systems and infrastructure.
- Experience in writing functional specifications.
- Experience or knowledge in conducting cost/benefit analysis.
- Experience in or knowledge of requirements management (operational/technical).
- Knowledge of ATM System architecture, constituents, interfaces and functionalities.
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems and techniques related to technical systems.
- Creativity and innovation: applies new approaches.
- Analytical thinking: applies methodical approach to complex information.
- Communication: adapts communication to different situations and audiences.
- Managing change: supports the change process.
- Customer focus: adapts services to respond to customer needs.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- Thorough knowledge of one of the working languages of the Agency and satisfactory knowledge of the other language to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties. For this particular post, candidates must have thorough knowledge of English (written/oral).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 7 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be required to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the person will maintain his/her current type of appointment yet be selected to fill this position under the conditions set above (determined period). At the end of this limited-term appointment, he/she will be transferred to the type of post and grade corresponding to the one he/she held before the determined appointment.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex X of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunity employer, promotes gender diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from female candidates.