IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on your personal device date
and time settings.
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Assess the available national institutional management for setting up the national action plan for monitoring of FAW;
- Provide suggestion to be implemented to enable the full operation within the country, including any equipment and instruments which must be provided;
- Contribute to the national workshops for developing a monitoring and contingency plans for the country for effective management of FAW;
- Train the technical and extension staff of the DoA and PDoAs on identification, the use of monitoring tools, including FAMEWS (mobile app and global platform) and sustainable management of FAW;
- Conduct specific trainings for the personnel on the detection and identification of FAW by FAMEWS and other innovative methods;
- Conduct trainings of technical and extension staff of the DoA and PDoAs on monitoring and management practices of FAW;
- Assist the DoA, PDoAs and other relevant government stakeholder institutions in developing monitoring action plans and in practical exercises of monitoring activities;
- Assist in providing data and resources for the training and awareness raising material prepared and used at the national level;
- Provide any other relevant technical assistance needed;
- Maintain the communication with the project staff for any advice could be raised;
- Prepare project technical reports based on FAO standards and editorial guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s degree in entomology, plant sciences, agronomy, plant disease management, plant pest management.
- 10 years of relevant experience in agriculture entomology
- Working knowledge of English.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency