TCP/SEC/3701 (649081), Improved technical capacity of fish farmers and authorities on fish feed development in CA.
Ms. Melek Cakmak, Head of Office.
Fishery and Aquaculture.
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Sub-Regional Coordinator for Central Asia, SEC, and the direct technical supervision of the REU Lead Technical Officer (LTO) and in close cooperation with the project International Consultant (IC), , Headquarters Technical Officer (HQ TO) and other National Consultants, national authorities and stakeholders, international experts, the National Consultant will carry out the following activities\:
- Collaborate with LTO, HQ TO and NPC in field visits to fish farms, extension stations, and other institutions relevant to the national pilot study on fish feed practices in Azerbaijan;
- In coordination with NPC, Ministry of Agriculture and other relevant ministries / institutes, assist in filling the FAO questionnaire on aquaculture sector, and documenting background information;
- Under the supervision of the HQ TO and LTO, draft the national pilot study, the study is to include comprehensive data on the aquaculture sector, related regulations, and legal frameworks in the country;
- Lead the process for interviewing national stakeholders, to gather non-published information for the national pilot study on fish feed practices, in particular, interviews with fish farmers and extension officers, especially including women stakeholders;
- Assist FAO in the planning and implementation of a national data validation workshop;
- Participate in an FAO Expert Meeting to prepare Good Practice Guidelines on fish feed in Central Asia, by presenting the national study;
- Prepare back-to-office report after the missions;
- Prepare, contribute and submit progress reports and end of assignment report
- A university degree in aquaculture, or other related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in fishery sector;
- Knowledge of English will be an asset
- National of Azerbaijan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Works in a team effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills and applies them in the work
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Proven expertise working in a team environment and in the field;
- Computer skills, in particular applications of the MS Office package and internet search will be an asset;
- Writing and communication skills in Azerbaijani;
- Strong knowledge of aquaculture issues in Azerbaijan.