Human Resources Officer
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
- People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The post is located in Rome, Italy.
The Human Resources Officer reports to a Senior Officer, Human Resources.
Recruitment, staff development, workforce planning, social security.
The provision of human resource services to management and staff.
• Plans and delivers services in designated human resource field(s);
• Consults with 'designated business partners' on specific HR requests, issues, and problems, and provides advice, policy interpretations, and options on how to proceed;
• Analyzes requirements and researches and analyzes information, data, statistics, and/or trends for the preparation of plans, strategies, reports, policies and/or other products;
• Reviews on-going service delivery, related policies, procedures, systems to recommend changes, develop proposals, and coordinate updates/revisions;
• Collaborates in the development of information/training materials and products to increase understanding of HR services and policies, promote capacity development and facilitate change across the Organization;
• Researches and provides information to management and staff to resolve problems and/or reach agreement on various issues;
• Leads short-term work groups and participates on Organization-wide committees and working groups.
• Ensures the appropriate application of Staff rules and Regulations, monitors and coordinates the day-to-day operational activities of the Unit to improve productivity, efficiency and quality of service delivery
• Prepares recommendations, statistics, cost analysis and trends relating to the provision of HR services;
• Prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft proposals, guidelines, terms of reference and periodic reports to Senior Management;
• Monitors budget expenditures and reports on the use of the financial resources allocated to the unit;
• Participates in the development of training and related training materials and promotes best practices and capacity development at HQ and the Decentralized Offices;
• Participates in interviews of candidates as HR representative, providing advice on the appropriate procedures and guidelines and ensuring consistency of the selection process;
• Provides advice on workforce and succession planning to support dynamic evolution of structures and effective deployment of post resources;
• Performs other related duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in human resources, management, business administration, political sciences, languages or a related field
• Five years of relevant experience in human resources management and administration, including experience in staff servicing
• Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Extent and relevance of experience in human resources management, administration and staff servicing
• Extent and relevance of experience in development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures
• Familiarity with automated human resources management system
• Excellent inter-personal skills and client orientation and demonstrated ability to supervise the work of others