Internship: Energy Database Project
republic of korea
Internship: Energy Database Project
We are looking for a talented individual who will work closely with the Thought Leadership Energy Team in the process of setting up energy and energy policy database, tools, guidelines, arranging documentations and perform the data collection, analysis, and reporting.
Who we are
The internship position is with Office of Thought Leadership (TL) Energy Team at GGGI. The Office will act as GGGI’s “intellectual toolkit” to achieve the maximum benefits of a climate resilient and socially inclusive green growth transition. The Office will be responsible for developing and coordinating a compelling and rigorous evidence base that showcases impact to key audiences – internal and external – through policy research, analysis, and data-driven tools and methodologies – resources that should have practical value and use to the extent possible. It will promote knowledge sharing, leverage international partnerships to expand our impact and reach, and, ultimately, help keep GGGI at the cutting edge in the international discourse in green growth and make GGGI the “go-to place” for green growth.
What is interesting about it
You will have the opportunity to work on high-impact energy-related projects and research studies, with international and multidisciplinary teams. You will be able to work and learn from senior experts in the energy sector at GGGI headquarters and all country teams. Equally, you will have extensive network opportunities and exposure to experts from other sustainably sectors i.e. climate diplomacy, sustainable transport, MRV, green cities, sustainable landscapes, etc. You will have the opportunity to provide insights for high-level events in the renewable energy sector and participate in the development of new project ideas for GGGI county teams. By the end of this internship would have achieved extensive knowledge of the constraints and opportunities of the renewable energy and energy efficiency sector in developing countries.
What you will be learning and doing
The Intern will work closely with the Thought Leadership Energy Team in the process of setting up energy and energy policy database, tools, guidelines, arranging documentations and perform the data collection, analysis, and reporting. The assignment will be as follows but not limited to:
- Assist in the configuration of a customized GGGI’s Energy and Climate policy database that streamlines and automates operations;
- Conduct research activities relevant to Energy planning and Modelling Program, such as in energy access, energy use, Renewable energy targets, Greenhouse gas emission reductions, and cost and climate goals, etc.;
- Support in managing and maintaining the online platform for the data energy collection (Semantic Wiki website);
- Continuously adapt database to incorporate changes and process improvements, and work with TL team to ensure changes are reflected in the website operational performance;
- Create data visualization for reports and analysis;
- Support in drafting and editing a report for publications;
- Maintaining dynamic excellence in knowledge and practices;
- Support delivering capacity building workshops/conferences targeted to both internal and external audiences;
- Ensuring high level of expert input for the data collection and review;
- Monitor the data coverage and support for the data gaps;
- Data management and analysis for GGGI’s publications related to energy.
What we are looking for
You need to be enrolled or a recent graduate in a Master’s or PhD-level program in Information Technologies, Energy/Energy Efficiency, Engineering, or related field. You are also required to have:
- A strong background in quantitative methods and data analysis;
- Knowledge of data management with preferred experience and interests with databases using SQL statements;
- Proven computer literacy in standard office software applications. High ability to work with Excel is a must;
- Preferred web and database programming skills;
- Experience in designing, building, and using Excel models for analysis;
- Knowledge on SharePoint
- Attention to detail and clear presentation of material/ data/ analysis;
- Interest in renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy access, general energy issues;
- Excellent English communication skills. Ability to communicate in other languages is preferred;
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds.
What are the terms and conditions
- Duration: GGGI internship has a minimum duration of three months and can be extended as long as six months. Once selected, interns must begin their internship either prior to or within 12 months of graduation.
- Costs: GGGI interns are paid USD$500 per month. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- Visa: GGGI will provide a supporting letter for visa. Interns will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- Travel: Intern will arrange and finance their travel to the internship location.
- Medical insurance: Interns must present proof of valid medical insurance to GGGI.
- Confidentiality: Interns must be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: Interns may get academic credit from their institution of higher education for the internship. Interns need to check with their university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
- It is highly recommended that you submit your application as soon as possible to avoid last minute technical glitches or delays. Late application will not be considered.
- The internship programme is not intended to lead a career in GGGI. There should be no expectation of further employment at the end of the end of the internship.
If you think this is for you, click on the "APPLY" button!