UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Jordan Country Office supports the Government of Jordan to implement global norms and standards on gender equality and women’s empowerment; promotes women’s economic empowerment; and implements a resilience and empowerment model for Syrian refugee women and vulnerable Jordanian women.
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the UN Women Country Office in Jordan and the operations and programme staff in the office, consultants and experts and UN staff on mission ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Reporting to the Programme Associate and under the overall guidance of the Operations Manager, the Driver will be required to provide basic administrative and clerical support to the UN Women Jordan Country Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide reliable and secure driving services
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel;
- Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items, goods and supplies, in/out of Amman and Zaatari/Azraq camps as required;
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, including visa and customs formalities arrangements when required;
- Verify that all passengers wear seatbelts at all times in the vehicle;
- Ensure all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Ensure vehicle comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards.
2. Provide proper use of vehicle
- Ensure cost-saving by driving responsibly;
- Maintain daily vehicle logs, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs;
- Provide inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Provide day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Ensure that the official vehicle is kept clean and is always in good working condition;
- Make minor repairs and make arrangements for major repairs;
- Change oil, check tires, lights horn, clutch and brakes and wash car regularly;
- Ensure that vehicles comply with Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
4. Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
5. Provide general administrative and logistic support as needed
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records;
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payments of bills, as required.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Excellent driving skills;
- Good knowledge of driving rules and regulations, local roads and conditions;
- Good defensive driving skills;
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs;
- Ability to be on time.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
Completion of secondary education is required;
Valid Jordanian driver’s license with a clean driving record.
At least 2 years of experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record
Fluency in Arabic and English is required