Solution Designer, Procurement
Background information - ICT
UNOPS Information and Communication Technology (ICT) unit´s purpose is to embed innovation and harness cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. UNOPS ICT unit is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The unit includes Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Designers and Developers from all around the world which are based primarily in Denmark and Thailand.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.
Under the supervision of the Solutions Design Lead, the Solution Designer, Procurement will orchestrate the work in the Procurement stream to ensure the timely delivery of optimal and appropriate solutions in the area of Procurement to address business needs and requirements. The Solution Designer, Procurement will ensure that the business needs identified are optimally addressed with a view towards best practices within Procurement systems and increased efficiency, effectiveness, and / or differentiation for UNOPS products and services.
1. Delivers functional and technical expertise in the area of Procurement
- Provides a deep level of functional knowledge and support to the Solutions Design team and ICT Business Analysts including provision of advice to improve business processes and ensure optimal operation of the solution for Procurement
- Makes recommendations on best use of Unit4 Business World (UBW) Procurement functionality to accomplish strategic business objectives
- Investigates reported application problems and works with technical specialists to test, diagnose and isolate the root cause of problems. Coordinates further diagnosis and tests as necessary and recommend workarounds where appropriate
- Ensures system documentation relating to Procurement processes are maintained, kept up to date and meet UNOPS standards
- Provides technical advice in the development and review of design activities for system improvements, changes, enhancements and upgrades as they relate to Procurement
2. Delivers solutions design and key / core application development in the area of Procurement
- Facilitates and participates in systems design workshops with ICT Business Analysts and personnel from relevant business functions
- Ensures that business requirements are effectively met and a fit for purpose solution is established
- Ensures that enhancements to the application are undertaken in a carefully planned manner
- Defines and manages system enhancements to the Unit4 Business World (UBW) ERP to streamline operations and usability, including execution, coordination of testing, and sign-off
- Implements new modules related to Procurement
- Designs and develops new reports or changes / enhancements to reports within the system in the area of Procurement
- Implements unit testing and integration testing for any functionality developed
- Provides key inputs and assistance for user acceptance testing
- Assists in the development of training materials and other guidance
- Documents all work activities adequately and in line with ICT standards, including design specifications, detailed technical specifications, etc.
3. Embeds relevant knowledge management and innovation within the ICT Solutions Design function as well as across the organisation
- Contributes to the development of internal capacity across the organization in the area of ICT
- Constantly monitors and evaluates UNOPS policies, procedures, methods, tools and associated systems to ensure its utility, applicability and efficacy
- Recommends new policies and procedures and introduce innovation and best practices in business operations to enhance services
- Leads/organises training and awareness / showcasing events and design / sets training agendas to build capacity of stakeholders across the business
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Computer Science or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in systems development or implementation of business systems and/or business processes in the area of Procurement in a large, complex enterprise IT environment, is required
- Within these 5 years, a minimum of 3 years of experience working with design / development of ERP systems with at least 2 years with Unit4 Business World (UBW) ERP configuration in the area of Procurement is required
- Knowledge of the Procurement modules in Unit4 Business World (UBW) ERP is required
- Experience in the provision of functional analysis and support of an ERP system is required
- Solid knowledge in SQL and .NET is required
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic skills to provide advice and improve processes or services for Procurement
- Experience in the development, documentation and maintenance of relevant standards, guidelines and procedures
- Excellent communication skills and good IT understanding
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: International ICAContract level: IICA2
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.