Creative Services Coordinator
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Creative Services Coordinator to assist the Creative Services Manager with creative direction and campaigns, as well as supervision of teams and staff on multiple design projects. The position of Creative Services Coordinator will work in the Creative Services Unit of the Corporate Communications Department (CC) of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Develop and deliver creative solutions and design/layout excellence – with emphasis on publication designs – but also for brochures, flyers, posters, and products that support special events (including event brand development).
- Personally produce and/or oversee staff in the timely development of creative ideas on projects, and ensure that they are on strategy and on budget.
- Schedule own projects effectively while managing staff schedules and developing team project workflows.
- Provide detailed campaign strategies, concepts and cost estimates to ensure accurate planning, then effectively share that information with supervisor and clients, sometimes with the need to negotiate plan details.
- Collaborate closely with Communications Department editors to bring creative solutions to social media campaigns, news, and special events.
- Carry out any other activities as assigned by the Creative Services Manager.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in advertising or marketing, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years proven experience in creative development of projects in a marketing/advertising agency environment.
- Knowledge of all marketing channels, including social media platforms and trends.
- Strong conceptual thinker and creative problem-solver, with a collaborative mindset.
- Ability to translate complex scientific ideas and data into graphics and other creative solutions.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish, with good written / oral communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Expert in Adobe Suite programs, with portfolio of personally developed creative and design work. High level of proficiency in Microsoft programs.
- The selected candidate should be a discreet, as occasionally the information handled is considered confidential.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Innovation and Creativity, Strategic Thinking, Communication, Decision-Making, Problem-Solving, Time Management, and Teamwork.
- Occasionally, flexibility of schedule is required where events or deadlines require special work schedules.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19136 Creative Services Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, April 23, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.