Head of Fleet
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Head of Fleet to work in the Corporate Services Program (CSP) in Global Logistics Team/Supply Chain.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Ensure adequate fleet operation from fleet requirements planning, vehicle purchase, registration, assignment, transfers, maintenance, to disposal and incidents (crash and collision) management.
- Create departmental and fleet expense and capital budgets to submit for approval to management, track performance versus forecast on a monthly (or other) basis, track and assure the full cost recovery for the unit services, contribute to the best use of resources and accountability for expenses and ensure fleet costs are properly charged to the Programs in accordance with policy.
- Monitor fleet expenses (i.e maintenance, fuel, etc.) compare them to budget in a periodic manner to identify unusual trends/deviation and implement corrective actions to address them.
- Lead the development, identification, implementation, shared and administration of suitable Fleet Management Framework according to common best practices as well as Organization’s needs and resources.
- Ensure availability and proper use of vehicles according to policies and procedures, considering the fleet life – cycle (acquisition, maintenance requirements, fuel consumption, and disposal).
- Evaluate and monitor fleet size to ensure that it is aligned to Organization’s needs and resources. Analyze and determine what vehicles to purchase/ leas, and how they are to be equipped.
- Coordinate with all Programs of CIMMYT to ensure that the vehicles’ assignments are effectively planned and managed in a consistent manner Framework implemental.
- Lead selection, implementation, and administration of Fleet Management System that allows an effective and efficient administration of the fleet. Create/update fleet policy and procedures, to include vehicle assignment, personal use, replacement policy, accident-reporting process, and other procedures in compliance with all OHS regulations and legal documentation norms pertaining to fleet management.
- Assess and implement effective fleet safety system and programs. Develop and implement a comprehensive E&OHS program.
- Plan and operate the various bus lines of CIMMYT.
- Develop risk assessments in order to detect operational risks (Driver, Vehicle & Environment) and stablish specific preventive plans for such risks.
- Ensure continuity of training program to provide drivers with the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their working activities safely from hiring and on-boarding process.
- Supervise, coach, train and provide necessary Tools for FMU staff.
- Ensure effective cooperation with appropriate stakeholders, provide accurate information on fleet performance in regular basis and support them on any initiative related to fleet management about. Generate an enabling environment for the fleet unit operation between the team and the users and collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of specifications an expectation of the client and resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Track and report key functional metrics to keep things on track and improve effectiveness.
- Establish strong collaboration with the Fleet Focus person in all CIMMYT site and ensure that the fleet operations is functional.
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor.
- Monitor-Head Roll out of fleet framework at regional offices.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience in similar roles or activities, ideally gained in both private and Non For-Profit environments.
- Proven working experience as Fleet Manager.
- Record of successful accomplishment in fleet management or related field.
- Proficient in specialized Software (Warehouse, procurement and finance).
- Experience in operating in a matrix-style management internationally.
- Knowledge of best practices on Fleet Management as well as dexterity in “reading” evolving trends/needs.
- Experience in Fleet and ERP systems.
- User advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.) Experience with MS Dynamic is highly desirable and will represent an advantage.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The candidate must exhibit confidentiality, discretion, sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Decision-Making, Relationship Management, Strategic Thinking, Customer Orientation and Time Management; in addition to these competencies, selected candidate should demonstrate the following managerial competences: Change Management, People Management, and Relationship with External Stakeholders.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19189 Head of Fleet. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, July 1, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.