Accreditation Officer, Office of Accreditation Body
|Department:||Office of Accreditation Body|
|Salary Level:||A competitive salary and benefits package based on experience is offered.|
|Term:||Fixed-term appointment for three years, with the possibility of reappointment at the end of the term based on performance and upon mutual agreement.|
The Asian Productivity Organization (APO) is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising 20 member countries. With a Secretariat led by the APO Secretary-General located in Tokyo, Japan, the APO contributes to sustainable economic development in the Asia-Pacific region by developing and implementing major productivity-related initiatives across the region and within member countries.
Under the direction and general supervision of the Director, Office of Accreditation Body (APO-AB), undertake the development, implementation, evaluation, and follow-up of assigned programs and projects. The main duties include establishing the APO-AB and certification bodies in member countries as well as supporting the creation of new certification programs and special awards.
- Assist the Director, Office of APO-AB, in implementing and managing the accreditation programs including researching and developing programs and initiatives in the assigned areas for inclusion in the annual and two-year programs, along with implementation plans and budgets;
- Formulate and prepare project documents, such as project notifications and revisions, letters of assignment/acceptance, schedules of daily activities/itineraries, correspondence, and similar documents, while ensuring both timeliness and high-level editorial quality and consistency;
- Implement programs and initiatives, including training and guidance sessions for assessors, technical experts, and personnel involved in the accreditation activities; conduct project evaluations and follow-up activities; and coordinate the implementation of certification body development including deploying experts, writing reports, and conducting preliminary assessments;
- Undertake the monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of all aspects of programs and initiatives;
- Prepare and organize meetings of the APO-AB Council and other related committees such as technical working groups, accreditation review and appeal panels, internal audit and management review meetings, etc.;
- Take actions to address nonconformance including conducting investigations into complaints and disputes arising from accreditation activities;
- Supervise and update the APO-AB quality manual, certification schemes, procedures, and other related forms and documentation;
- Engage in various activities related to APO member countries, including the annual meetings of the APO Governing Body and national productivity organizations, and manage communications with a specific member country as its country officer; and
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Secretary-General.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of eight years of administrative/supervisory experience in management in the government or public/private corporation; working experience in a national or international accreditation body will be an advantage;
- A minimum bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering, science, and/or economics, from a reputable college or university, with specialization in quality management systems; a higher degree or other relevant internationally recognized professional qualifications in the above fields will be an advantage;
- Broad understanding and knowledge of as well as experience in accreditation services; experience as an assessor for a national accreditation or certification body will be an advantage;
- Good exposure to quality management systems and standards such as ISO: IEC 17011 and ISO: IEC 17024;
- Strategic, innovative thinker with strong analytical abilities;
- Demonstrated ability in project management as well as the ability to work on simultaneous projects with tight deadlines; experience in working in multicultural teams to implement projects successfully will be an advantage; and
- High level of proficiency in both written and spoken English, with effective communication skills and proven ability in making presentations to senior-level officials and business leaders