Framework Agreement for Website Administrator Consultant for UNDP-GEF Climate Change Adaptation
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
For UNDP, adaptation to climate change means climate-resilient economic development and sustainable livelihoods, especially for vulnerable populations - the poor, women, and indigenous peoples. UNDP supports these goals by assisting over 80 countries to integrate current and future climate risks and uncertainties into national and sub-national development efforts. UNDP works with governments, the private sector, communities, and other partners to build responsive state institutions and public policies; strengthen public and private sector capacities to manage climate change risks and uncertainties; and formulate, finance and implement climate-resilient initiatives.
Together with partners, UNDP supports climate change risk management in the context of agriculture and food security, water resources, coastal zone development, public health, and climate change-related disaster risks. To finance this work at the national, sub-national and community levels, UNDP helps countries secure climate change adaptation finance that is available through vertical funds such as the Adaptation Fund, the Least Developed Countries Fund and the Special Climate Change Fund (both of which are managed by the Global Environment Facility, GEF), as well as other multilateral and bilateral sources. Countries are supported to optimize the use of these public funds by also leveraging and catalyzing private finance for adaptation.
The UNDP Adaptation Portfolio requires a website administrator to manage the www.adaptation-undp.org website, related web products, and build new web products that will support UNDP in achieving its goals. Under this capacity, the website administrator will serve as the content management system (CMS) and Webhost administrator, and developer and technical support specialist for all issues related to the webpage and web products.
The Website Administrator will manage the www.adaptation-undp.org website, related web products, and build new web products that will support UNDP in achieving its goals. Under this capacity, the website administrator will serve as the content management system (CMS) and Webhost administrator, and developer and technical support specialist for all issues related to the webpage and web products.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Climate Change Adaptation, with input from the Adaptation Programme Managers and the Climate Change Adaptation Communications Team, the consultant will provide the following:
- Proactively administer Linux-based webhost to prevent downtime;
- Configure and manage backups;
- Monitor host resources (storage, memory, etc) and take necessary actions to ensure adequate resources available;
- Optimise server for performance;
- Liaise with hosting provider to resolve faults;
- Liaise with UNDP Information and Communications Technology (ICT) team to procure and manage domains, hosting services, SSL certificates, etc;
- Maintain a secure register of account details and access credentials.
- Test and apply core and control module updates;
- Add/remove users;
- Audit user roles and access permissions;
- Create custom pages/layouts to support project communication/KM objectives;
- Adjust custom page layouts (e.g. Home page layout, menus) as necessary;
- Optimise Drupal install (eg. Manage caching, module uninstall, etc.) as necessary;
- Update cascading style sheets (CSS) as necessary;
- Create user-friendly interface to promote increased consistency across web properties.
Consultation and Development:
- Serve as the product manager for the adaptation-undp.org website;
- Facilitate discussion with colleagues/partners to identify communication/KM objectives;
- Present feasible options for meeting communication/KM objectives using UNDP corporate platforms and/ or Adaptation Portal;
- Develop, test and deliver specific agreed tasks including custom Drupal modules, theme components, CMS configurations, etc;
- Work with the communications team to create a user-friendly web strategy, update website taxonomy and apply best-in-practice principles to build user engagement;
- Attend weekly meetings with the communications team;
- Support the maintenance of existing CCA pages and websites on a weekly basis.
- Assist users with access issues (eg. Password resets, login procedures) to Adaptation Portal;
- Help develop users' capacity to self-manage their own project pages;
- Log bugs/issues that have been identified by colleagues/users;
- Resolve bugs/issues.
An indicative list of outputs includes:
- Effectively manage webhost administration to limit downtown and improve website effectiveness.
- Create 20 custom modules that underscore program impact;
- Review and revise CSS to ensure consistency across web;
- Support the creation of 50-100 new content pages;
- Update the homepage on a weekly basis;
- Add relevant content and interfaces to improve web performance.
Consultation and Development:
- Build program of work for website;
- Build a website strategy;
- Support continued integration of other UNDP website materials;
- Build customized web products, plan wire frames, product maps and product timelines;
- Create a product map and wireframe to update website taxonomy and integrate more effectively with other web channels.
Information on Working Arrangements:
- The overall objective of this Framework Agreement is to facilitate and expedite the process by which UNDP-GEF can hire the services of a Website Administrator Consultant for UNDP-GEF Climate Change Adaptation, once there are specific assignments over the next 3 years;
- Estimated level of effort: Up to 450 days over the 3-year period;
- UNDP does not guarantee that any quantity of services will be purchased during the term of the Framework Agreement as this will depend on forthcoming needs, good performance, and availability of resources;
- The Framework Agreement would be valid for 3 years. Engagement for specific assignments over the 3-year period will be dependent on demand for services, availability of funds, and satisfactory performance evaluation;
- The Framework Agreement will be for a fixed all-inclusive daily fee;
- Once the Framework Agreement is signed, if there is a specific assignment, the focal person at UNDP would contact the Consultant by email informing of the specific deliverables required, and timeline for delivery;
- The consultant must advise within 48 hours whether s/he is available to deliver the requested service;
- Thereafter a Purchase Order will be raised. Financial commitments will only be established each time the services are requested within the scope of the Framework Agreement through the transmitted email and purchase order;
- IC as a Framework Agreement is non-exclusive (i.e. it does not prohibit UNDP from entering into another such framework agreement with other individuals or entities);
- Given the consultations to be undertaken during this assignment, the consultant is expected to be reasonably flexible with his/her availability for such consultations taking into consideration different time zones;
- The Consultant will be given access to relevant information necessary for execution of the tasks under this assignment;
- The Consultant will be responsible for providing her/his own working station (i.e. laptop, internet, phone, scanner/printer, specific software if needed, etc.) and must have access to a reliable internet connection;
- The consultant will engage regularly with the supervisor by email and Skype on a weekly and/or as needed daily basis.;
- The consultant shall submit to the Supervisor a monthly progress report on the status of the implementation of tasks;
- Payments will be made upon submission of a detailed time sheet (including deliverables and their timely execution) and certification of payment form, and acceptance and confirmation by the supervisor on days worked (with “a day” calculated as 8 hours of work) and outputs delivered.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP's vision, mission and values;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats people fairly without favoritism.
- Results-driven, initiative-taking, ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Remains calm and in control even under pressure, and consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and problem-solving approach;
- Self-motivated with ability to accept responsibility and accountability for decisions and actions;
- Manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively;
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience;
- Good interpersonal and, networking skills, supports and encourages open communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with clients;
- Demonstrates understanding of client's perspective;
- Keeps the client informed of problems or delays;
- Consults with clients and ensures their needs are represented in decision-making processes.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in computer engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or closely related field (max 10 points);
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in website development and administration (max 30 points);
- Demonstrable understanding of Drupal website administration, development and maintenance (please attach or provide links to at least 3 samples of previous similar assignments) (max 30 points);
- Familiarity with international development and climate change adaptation is an asset (max 10 points);
- Experience in UN or international organization and knowledge of UNDP policies, procedures and practices would be an advantage (max. 10 points);
- Written proficiency in English (max 10 points).
- Only those applications which are responsive and compliant will be evaluated;
- Offers will be evaluated according to the Combined Scoring method – where the technical criteria will be weighted at 70% and the financial offer will be weighted at 30%;
- The technical criteria (education, experience, language [max. 100 points] and interview [max.30 points]) will be based on a maximum 130 points;
- Only the top 3 candidates scoring 70 points or higher from the review of the education, experience and languages will be considered for the interview;
- Candidates obtaining 21 points or higher in the interview will be deemed technically qualified and considered for financial evaluation;
- Financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest priced proposal of those technically qualified;
- The financial proposal shall specify all-inclusive daily fee. In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal must additionally include a breakdown of this daily fee (including all foreseeable expenses to carry out the assignment);
- Applicant receiving the highest combined score and who has accepted UNDP’s General Terms and Conditions will be awarded the contract.
Documentation to be submitted:
- Applicants must submit a duly completed and signed UNDP Personal History form (P11) or CV including Education/Qualification, Professional Certification, Employment Records /Experience;
- Please provide links to at least 3 samples of previous similar assignments;
- Applicants must reply to the mandatory questions asked by the system when submitting the application;
- Applicants must submit a duly completed and signed Annex II Offeror´s letter to UNDP confirming interest and availability for the Individual Contractor (IC) assignment to be downloaded from the UNDP procurement site.
Kindly note you can upload only ONE document to this application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
UNDP Personal History form (P11) required of all applicants:
General Conditions of Contract for the ICs
Annex II Offeror´s letter to UNDP confirming interest and availability for the Individual Contractor (IC) assignment