ERD Livelihoods Officer - Anbar
Requisition ID: req6201
Job Title: ERD Livelihoods Officer - Anbar
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
BACKGROUND: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC has long-term programs based in Baghdad and Erbil, as well as emergency response programs supporting Syrian refugees and internally displaced people (IDPs), returnees and host communities.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community, IRC currently addresses the needs of war-affected Iraqi IDPs from several operational bases in the region. Our activities in the region focus primarily on the provision of non-food items, unconditional cash grants, health, early recovery, community protection and child protection and form part of an overarching humanitarian response in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey and the region that seeks to assist IDPs and refugees survive conflict and displacement.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Economic Recovery and Development Livelihoods Officer is a short term IRC position working to improve livelihoods of families’ affected by conflict in Iraq with access to business training followed by apprenticeship,business grants and Job counselling. Supervised by the ERD Manager, the ERD livelihood Officer will work closely with the ERD livelihood Senior Officer and Assistants. This program aims to improve service access, socio-economic empowerment and enhance recognition for Iraqi IDPs, Returnees and Host community.
Location of Work: Anbar Governorate (including Fallujah)
- Carry out community mobilization, beneficiary’s identification, selection and registration processes timely, transparently in accordance with the program guidelines related.
- Participate in various field assessments and surveys including; market research, needs assessment, baseline surveys, and pre-post training surveys.
- Develop training schedules in close collaboration with the business trainer.
- Organize, facilitate and support running of business trainings, EASE trainings, grants disbursement and IGAs establishment process.
- Regularly monitor program activities progress against program work plan promptly identifying any current or potential delays and provide timely inputs and feedback to the Management.
- Establish clear beneficiary’s follow-up mechanisms and ensures that appropriate actions are made.
- Compile and submit regular project updates/reports to the Management and promptly identify and recommend solutions to technical issues.
- Prepare purchase and payment requests related to ERD and undertake necessary steps.
- Ensure all activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection for beneficiary questionnaires, regular market monitoring and pre-post trainings surveys.
- Establish and maintain transparent, functional and respectful relationships with target communities and partners to ensure the program is well understood and expectations are in line with the program objectives.
- Fully comply with IRC safety and security procedures and provide input to security monitoring and assessments to enable and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager;
Skills and Qualifications
·Bachelor degree, preferably in business management or related field.
·Minimum 2 years professional experience in Livelihoods programming in a role related to assessment and trainings is required.
·Very good in English and Fluent in Arabic language is required.
·Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
·Experience working with people from different backgrounds.
·Belief in human rights including gender equality.
·Motivated, dynamic; able and willing to take initiatives.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: ERD Livelihood Sr. Officer
Position directly supervises:ERD Livelihood Assistant/s
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
SPECIFIC SECURITY SITUATION/HOUSING:
The security situation in Iraq remains fluid and unpredictable. Candidates may expect periods of insecurity, periodic suspensions of, or restrictions in, program operation and/or field travel, and high levels of volatility in the operating environment.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or
non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to Iraqhr@rescue.orgملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفةتعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عملمتساويةو ان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة.
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات(سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال ايمرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاءمساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الىIraqhr@rescue.org
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.