HR Administrative Support
- Function title: HR Administrative Support
- Reference: NOC-HR-2019-FGII/096
- Location: Brussels
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Grades: 4/5
- Generic post: Clerical Assistant (FG-II) (4/5)
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 3 Year(s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: HRS/SPT - Staff planning & Talent Management
- Competition publication date: 05/09/2019
- Competition closing date: 03/10/2019 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Yes
Within the Unit Human Resources and Services, Staff Planning and Talent Management manages staff planning and job design, recruitment and talent development. Recruitment covers the process of attracting, selecting and appointing suitable candidates and executing the outbound secondment process. In addition, the service d manages the administration of trainees and temporary personnel.
Your role will be to provide general secretarial / administrative support and/or to assist in selection and recruitment activities. You will perform, in particular, the following tasks under the responsibility of your superior:
- provide secretarial and administrative support including agenda management, filing, filtering calls, drafting general correspondence, preparing files and presentations for meetings, taking notes, managing office supplies, etc., as required;
- assist in selection and recruitment activities (e.g. organising meetings, interviews, testing sessions, drafting offers and correspondence, providing assistance to selection board members, acting as test administrator, posting vacancies on social media, etc.) in line with applicable procedures;
- perform administrative tasks related to trainees and temps;
- issue administrative decisions related to selection, career management and organisational changes, etc.;
- provide information to internal and external customers by responding to requests and/or coordinating replies;
- perform any other tasks in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma in a relevant field or secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and relevant professional experience of at least 3 years. A secretarial or office administration education is considered an advantage;
- In addition, a minimum of 1 year professional experience in providing administrative or secretarial support. Experience in an HR department would be considered an advantage;
- Experience or knowledge in recruitment administrative procedures (e.g. filtering applications, contacting candidates, assisting selection board members, etc.) would be considered a strong advantage;
- Drafting skills in English and French;
- Experience in standard Microsoft Office applications;
- Planning and organising: Displays an organised and methodical approach;
- Communication: Expresses information and ideas effectively;
- Quality focus: Delivers consistent quality in work;
- Customer focus: Responds effectively to customer enquiries;
- Team work: Displays a collaborative approach;
- Sense of confidentiality;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, candidates must have a thorough command of both languages (oral / written). Knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 Year(s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Candidates should go to our Jobs website and read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.