IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Switzerland Global Support Office
Implement IT projects that will improve Medair’s ability to implement our strategy and carry out our mission. The ITS PM will be a valuable part of the Global ITS Team, as we embark on a variety of large and small projects, covering infrastructure upgrades, software rollouts and new system implementations.
The successful applicant will ideally have a strong background managing IT Projects and ideally will also have some experience working in the Humanitarian or Development sectors – with all of the understanding of the difficulty of working in conflict and natural disaster situations.
Medair’s Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programs, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programs, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Global ITS provides Medair with centralised governance, strategy, direction, innovation and support in the use of the information technologies that amplify the people to people strategy. Global ITS provides a centralised approach to ensure cost efficiency and integration, including country programs in the strategic design of systems, and delivers services locally where practical to ensure that the day-to-day needs of our GSO and country program colleagues are met.
The Support Systems Integration team delivers on the strategic direction for our Support Function Systems primarily located at the GSO – including Human Resources, Finance, Logistics, Engagement and Communications teams.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
October 2019. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
- Plans and implements assigned projects according to authorised scope, goals and deliverables.
- Creates schedules and project timelines, and defines tasks and required resources
- Monitors deliverables, provides corrective action, and reports to project steering committee.
- Supports and directs team resources including: planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and disciplining team members.
- Initiates, coordinates, and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in the creation of standard project management templates, processes and procedures to aid in the set-up of a basic ITS Project Management Office (PMO) structure.
- Leads effective project team meetings by stating agenda and goals.
- Presents to stakeholders and reports on progress as well as problems and solutions.
- Implements and manages change when necessary to meet project outputs.
- Evaluates and assesses results of projects.
- Proactively identifies roadblocks and risks, and takes the initiative to facilitate solutions.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing project budgets; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Verifies project results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- The holder of this position is required to keep up-to-date on new IT methodologies, systems, applications, infrastructure and security and to encourage out-of-the-box thinking on how to best meet Medair’s needs with limited funding and resources.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Degree in Information Management or other IT related field.
- PMP / PRINCE2 / Other Project Management Certification preferred.
- Microsoft Certification preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
- 3+ years’ IT Project Management experience is essential.
- 5+ years’ experience in systems operations and support, implementation and management of infrastructure systems support.
- Experience working in Agile teams preferred. Vendor Management.
- Experience in database administration and performance tuning.
- Experience operating in hybrid environments including in-house and outsourced operations and use of cloud based services.
- Experience in setting up and supporting infrastructure in international NGOs operating in a variety of contexts – desirable. Solid understanding of software design principles, data model creation.
- Solid understanding and experience with virtualization, operating systems, local and wide area networking, response and recovery, data protection and retention, and other information management disciplines to support a global organization. Strong planning and analytical skills.
- Experience in database management and mobile technologies.
- Experience with Cloud, SaaS and hybrid technologies.
- People management and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in explaining complex technical concepts to senior management and business users. Good negotiation skills. Problem solver, dynamic, matures.