Specialist â Livelihood
Job Title: Specialist – Livelihood
Job Location: Delhi/ Bangalore
Reporting To: Director – Programs
Travel: Extensive/As per job requirement
ChildFund is a child development organization representing the voice of deprived, excluded and vulnerable children in India regardless of their race, creed and gender, since 1951. We annually reach out to over 3 million children, youth, and their families, from 3200 communities in 85 districts across 15 states in India, through our long and short-term programs and partnerships.
The Specialist– Livelihood is one of the key positions of ChildFund India to provide leadership to the program designing and implementation of various projects around livelihood supported through sponsorship or corporate funding. The responsibility includes project planning, program quality, effectiveness. designing, providing directions and guidance for implementation, regular progress review and documentation. budget control and management and donor reporting. In addition to this, –the incumbent will be responsible for planning and managing performance of direct reportees/ or give performance feedback to those in matrix reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible to provide technical leadership on livelihood programming of ChildFund India.
- In collaboration with relevant technical and program teams in the organisataion but also drawing learning from outside, develop a set of standards, indicators and effective practices in implementing various livelihood programs of ChildFund India across the country.
- Be responsible to develop and execute sound project management approaches that include having a national project portfolio, developing and managing partnerships (field level as well as regional/national level)
- Responsible to build capacities of field level staff and associates and provide timely technical support and feedback to the program implementation teams.
- Ensure timely progress of assigned projects/programs, monitoring, financial oversight and provide guidance to the KML teams on measuring effectiveness and impact of the program interventions.
- Lead and support in grounding Child Fund India’s theory of change in all livelihood programming. This includes identifying key questions in the development arena related to child development, promoting a culture of inquiry within the organization and ensuring a plan to gather evidence, promote knowledge and execute applied research
- Provides technical advice, especially around livelihood programming, to ChildFund India’s Program Strategic Plans, proposals and project interventions.
- Lead Project Design Development (PDD) and Annual Operating Plan and Budget (AOPB) process for all the thematic proposals in the Livelihood domain in collaboration with relevant program/project teams
- Provide support to state, zonal and area level staff as well as local partners on the development of project proposals. This includes guidelines for proposal development, training to staff on the proposal development with relevant tools.
- Help Fund Raising teams in developing grant proposals by providing technical input in analyzing situation, deciding the strategy and developing the project log frame. Making sure that grant proposals under the specific life stage are aligned lo the long term strategies of the organization and meet the standards expected by the donor.
- Ensure that all sponsorship/subsidy funded programs/project activities are implemented on time and project objectives are achieved as per the approved project designs.
- Conduct periodic project reviews together with KML/M&E, implementation team and LPs including communities to ensure and strengthen the program quality standards.
- Hold periodic budget reviews together with relevant program and finance teams and guide them to ensure optimum utilization of funds throughout the year and 100% at the end of the project period.
- As part of the strategic program interventions, ensure that all youth falling under ChildFund India’s program purview, who are out of school education, have specific individual development plan and provided with all possible support by the LP and are able to achieve planned programme milestones.
- Take lead in exploring network and partnership opportunities and establishing mutually benefiting partnerships with strategic advantages for ChildFund India.
- Explore and strengthen relationship with relevant government agencies such as government ministries, departments, relevant program networks, government commissions etc., which are critical for ChildFund India’s program interventions and strategic partnership.
- Explore and support fundraising teams in raising additional funding for the Livelihood programs.
- Ensure timely submission of PDDs and AOPBs, periodic reports by the assigned partners for all livelihood programs including timely feedback on the implementation gaps to the partners.
- Explore opportunities for joint research studies with reputed research agencies and sharing findings with decision-makers/ policy makers for betterment of children’s lives.
- Prepare capacity statements. specific brochures. success stories, magazines or any other programmatic documents related to the livelihood interventions.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the ChildFund’s Child Safeguarding Policy and organisational values.
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned by the organization from time to time
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Post Graduate in Social Sciences/Social Work /other relevant discipline.
- At least 5- 7 years of experience in the management and execution of program intervention relating to the livelihood and development operational plans.
- Demonstrated success in the management and development of multi-location, multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building of staff and partners including training, mentoring and technical leadership.
- Familiarity with the donor landscape active in programming around Life Stage 3 (Livelihood) and experience in growing a program portfolio.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships with partners and donors.
- Knowledge of standards and effective practices across multiple disciplines for children and issues pertaining to youths.
- Be gender sensitive with strong conviction and skills for the empowerment of excluded and disadvantaged children.
- Knowledge of participatory community development approaches.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) in Hindi & English. Ability to communicate in regional languages will be advantageous
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Be an organized, team player, self-starter and results-oriented individual.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CTC for the position: Rs. 15,00,000/- (Approx.).
How to Apply:
Please submit your application only on the ‘Candidate Application Form’ using the below link along with your updated CV, at email@example.com
Please mention in the subject line your email “Application for the position of Specialist - Livelihood”.
Application Deadline: 25th September 2019
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.