Protection Assistant - Legal
Job title: Protection Assistant - Legal
Reporting to: Team Leader - Protection
Technical line manager: Protection officer – Legal
Overall purpose of the role:
- The main purpose of this position is to support the quality, timely implementation of legal assistance project activities in compliance with DRC standards and budgets
- Keep clients informed by maintaining contact; and communicating case progress.
- Conduct Community Policing Sessions in collaboration with the Uganda Police at settlement and host community level
- Conduct legal aid clinics in collaboration with the Magistrate Grade One, the Police and other stakeholders
- Participate in and conduct information dissemination to persons of concern on main legal issues through sensitizations and dialogues
- Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance from persons of concern, including scheduling, coordinating and conducting initial screening interviews
- Enhance trial proceedings by ensuring that witnesses are facilitated to court
- Participate in the day to day implementation of legal assistance activities within budget limits and authorizations, and in accordance with DRC’s polices and guidelines
- Contribute to the identification of beneficiary needs, project planning and proposals
- Contribute to the weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting processes and assist Legal Officer in preparation of these reports based on the developed work plans
- Identify, document and disseminate relevant project success, challenges and follow up on implementation of project’s action points through weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- In collaboration with community representatives, undertake detailed situational analysis and propose appropriate project
Experience and technical competencies:
- 1 year of experience working with vulnerable persons and refugees
- 2 years of experience while working as a legal assistant
- Good at communication, Coordination and relation building with other stakeholders
- Focused and result based
- Bachelors of law degree
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education
- Uganda Certificate of Education
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 28th September 2019.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.