Cash Assistance Program Manager / MPCA
MPCA Program Manager - Colombia
Danish Refugee Council/Danish Demining Group (DRC/DDG) is one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, working in more than 40 countries to provide adequate assistance with a rights-based approach to refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced persons, returnees and migrants. DRC/DDG is currently looking for a highly qualified Spanish and English-speaking Mulipurpose Cash Assistance Program Manager (MPCA-PM) for 12 months contract (renewable depending on funding and performance) in Colombia. This is an opportunity for an experienced Program Manager to support DRC’s emergency response to the mixed migration flows in Colombia due to the Venezuela crisis.
About the job
DRC/DDG has been present in Colombia since 2011, focused on capacity-building, setting up of mine action programming and providing support to conflict-affected populations in the south of the country. The onset of large mixed migration flows into Colombia due to the Venezuela crisis requires a major integrated humanitarian response to meet the urgent needs of refugees, asylum seekers, migrants, Colombian returnees, and host communities.
Based on the conclusions of several emergency need assessments, DRC initiated an emergency response in the Caribbean coastal areas of Colombia (Riohacha and Barranquilla) and Bogotá. DRC´s integrated humanitarian response will be based primarily on protection activities, with components of Shelter, WASH, multi-purpose cash assistance, NFIs, and livelihood interventions. DRC/DDG aims to play an important role in humanitarian coordination in support of UNHCR and IOM as coordination lead agencies of GIFMM (Grupo Interagencial de Flujos Migratios Mixtos). The primary objective of the MPCA-PM will be, together with the Emergency Program manager and the Area Managers, to ensure the timely and effective implementation of a multipurpose cash assistance program for 25,000 beneficiaries to be implemented in the towns of Barranquilla and Bogotá.
The MPCA-PM will be based in Bogotá or Barranquilla (yet to be decided) and will be responsible for the overall management and activity implementation of DRC MPCA program inmplemented in Bogotá and Barranquilla, Colombia.
The position will include the coordination with Consortium member organizations (NRC and AAH) line management of more than 40 national staff and coordination with Area managers, protection managers, and finance and procurement staff.
Program development and strategy
• Representation of DRC and active participation in sectoral and relevant sub sectors/working groups;
•Oversee knowledge sharing across teams, and ensure that monitoring and evaluation results are understood and used to improve programs;
•Drive the development and growth of the relevant programs within the DRC program objectives and feed into country-wide strategy development;
Accountability and reporting
• Guided by the DRC Operation Handbook, continuously monitor and develop relevant accountability initiatives within relevant project program as well as strengthening the effort to document the impact of activities;
• Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements including procurement;
•Lead and manage project staff members including coaching, ensuring coordination, recruitment, and capacity development;
•Provide on the job training as much as required and adapt trainings/coaching to specific staff needs;
· Coordinate with Cash consortium member (NRX and AAH);
· Coordinate with relevant sector working group in the target locations (Bogotá and Barranquilla);
As Manager the post-holder is responsible for the following:
• Accountable for achieving DRC’s strategic goals and objectives within the areas and sectors of responsibility;
• Accountable for making significant decisions on what the unit does: its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of significant unit resources;
• Accountable for people management of direct reports, generally at least 3 employees. This includes hiring & firing, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc.;
• Accountable for making sound decisions based on DRC policies, MOPs, standards, and the advice of technical experts in DRC;
Roles reporting to this position: MPCA Project staff
Reports to: Emergency program Manager / Area Managers.
Required experience and competencies
• Minimum 2 or 3 years of proven international experience in NGO cash assistance programs at management level;
• Proven experience in in implementing multipurpose cash assistance activities in complex emergency contexts;
• At least 4 years' experience with people management;
• Fluency in Spanish;
• Proficiency in English;
• Excellent writing and editing skills for external audiences (including governments and donors);
• Experience in producing high-quality technical material (training material, programme tools, proposals, strategic documents etc.);
• Experience in working with Monitoring, Evaluation and learning in MPCA programs.
• Excellent reporting skills;
· Calm and diplomatic in nature;
· Ability to manage competing priorities and to meet deadlines;
· Effective team-player;
· Previous experience with DRC in emergency context.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes;
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback;
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation;
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly;
• Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values.
- Master's degree in Economics, Political Science, Project management, or any other relevant field is an asset;
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields.
DUE TO THE URGENCY OF RECRUITING A STAFF FOR THE POSITION, DRC RESERVE THE RIGHT TO EMPLOY A QUALIFIED CANDIDATE BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS POSITION
Contract length: 12 months renewable depending on performance and funding.
Level: F manager. Grade depending on experience.
Designation of Duty Station: Family duty station - Unaccompanied
Start date: 20th October 2019
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Yann Cornic firstname.lastname@example.org or Massimiliano Benevelli email@example.com.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 27th September 2019. (GMT+1) Denmark time