Head of Project - Community Resilience
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of this joint mission and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Head of Project - Community Resilience*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kitshanga, Congo.
As Head of Project you will manage and implement a complex project based on the specified directives of Welthungerhilfe and the donor, the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project aims to build sustainable community resilience through improved food security, livelihoods and economic empowerment, access to water resources, and nutritional knowledge, while building the capacity of local actors and supporting innovative solutions. The project will be implemented in a consortium with Concern Worldwide. You will be responsible for the coordination, planning and operative implementation of the project while ensuring an appropriate use of funds as well as a correctly and duly reporting to Welthungerhilfe's Country Office and donors.
- Coordinating local as well as international partner organisations to ensure the overall interaction of the various project components during program implementation
- Carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of the donor (BMZ) and Welthungerhilfe and ensuring that all project relevant support is in place
- Modifying and continuing project planning and the project budget
- Coordinating MEAL activities and organisation of the systematic collection, processing and analysis of data
- Managing local staff according to Welthungerhilfe principles, staff policies and strategy
- Implementing and monitoring the security management system of Welthungerhilfe in the project area
- Representing Welthungerhilfe in project region vis-à-vis relevant regional and local authorities and expand network with the relevant stakeholders
- Supporting partner organizations with the implementation of the project
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field: governance or development studies, agriculture, environment, nutrition or similar qualification
- 3 to 5 years previous experience managing programming in complex multi sector project and support to civil society, preferably in the region
- Experience working in a consortium
- A high level of mental and physical resilience, readiness to live in a remote location and travel to areas with volatile security conditions
- Strong coordination skills with all stakeholders such as implementing partners, government structures, ministries, etc.
- Co-operation skills and ability to work in a team
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written French and English, German will be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by December 22, 2019. Your contact person is Barbara Kuersten.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.