WASH Supervisor (m/f/d) - National position
WASH Supervisor (m/f/d) - National positionMalteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International (MI) is working in Myanmar since 2001, Malteser International currently employs more than 350 national staff in Rakhine, Shan and Kayin states, where our work aims at ensuring communities have access to primary health care services. We also offer comprehensive WASH and disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation solutions, and provide relief after disasters. MI strives to enable and empower the most vulnerable communities in marginalized areas through a participatory and sustainable approach.
In support of our work in Shan State, Myanmar, Malteser International is looking for a motivated WASH Supervisor (m/f/d) - National position.
Responsibilities:In close collaboration and cooperation with WASH Officer, Construction Supervisor and CWF:
- Assisting WASH Officer in any WASH related activity requested during her/ his field visit (Taking measurements and the design of-water flow systems and rain water collection system, supervision field visit, etc.)
- To organize, coordinate and motivate the communities with Community Mobilization & Education team, to actively participate in WASH activities like construction of community water supply systems and latrine construction
- To facilitate and implement participatory planning sessions for water supply systems and sanitation system for communities.
- Provision of technical support to the water user groups for safe water and sanitation
- Promotion of appropriate water treatment methods to get safe drinking among the communities
- Conducting appropriate baseline and end line survey for WASH activities
- Report to WASH Officer for any missing information, major changes or big problems related to the implementation of wash and construction activities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education;
- Working experience: minimum 1-2 year in WASH related field
- Hands-on experience in WASH, especially for CB and small/rural WS and Sanitation solutions
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience, interest and patience in supervising others
- Basic knowledge in water and sanitation activities
- Willingness to work in unstable environments
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- Duty Station: Mong Tong and Mong Hsat Townships, Shan State, Myanmar
- Duration of contract: 12 months with possible extension
- Salary according to qualification and experience: 14th Month Salary & Health Insurance