EAHR - Emergency Architecture & Human Rights is a leader and world reference organization in the field of Architecture & Human Rights. Our vision is to use architecture to improve life quality, resilience, and defend human rights for the most vulnerable communities around the world.
We work and build in accordance with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (U.N. Paris 1948) and U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals. It is our mission to generate social, economic and environmental change by building resilience in people & communities. By working together with local communities and partners on co-creative projects.
About the opportunity:
This opportunity is a workshop created by the partnership between EAHR, the local organization Lumanti Support Group for Schelter. It is structured in 2 weeks of activities from November 17 to November 29 2019, and it will take place in Kisipidi, a city near Kathmandu, Nepal.
The main objectives of the workshop are:
- Provide the community of Kisipidi with a Community Centre, enhancing its motor skills, problem-solving, balance and improving coordination and dexterity
- To train the participants on how to work with building techniques as timber and Dijati technique, both traditional of the area
- Spread the knowledge about social participation and Architecture & Human Rights
About the role:
In total 1+1=11 workshop it will have a duration of at least 80/90 hours distributed over a period of 13 days.
The volunteer will be mainly occupied in these duties and responsibilities:
- Building with timber and Dijati technique
- Attending theoretical lectures offered by EAHR experts
- Support organization’s staff in the various construction activities
- Building with the local community in a participatory process