Global Fundraising Specialist (Telemarketing and mobile role), P-3, # 87279,PFP, Geneva, Switzerland
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,Hope
The income from Private Sector Fundraising is growing fast and we have identified significant potential for growth towards 2021. Unlocking and capitalizing on the potential of the TM channel is key to realizing growth of Individuals fundraising.
As TM develops as a channel, the number of touch points with supporters and donors grows. We need to be able to monitor these touch points and ensure the quality and experience of each TM and mobile communication.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the Job:
This role will lead the development, delivery and roll-out of global TM and Mobile strategy across all UNICEF’s TM Programs. The role will be the Global focal point for the development of UNICEF's Telemarketing (TM) regular giving (pledge) donor recruitment and retention programs, and thereby drive the growth of pledge income. The Fundraising Specialist will work closely with fundraising teams in all UNICEF fundraising markets around the world.
The purpose of the role is to provide technical fundraising expertise, and guidance on managing TM as an omni-channel in the recruitment and retention of donors to enhance their experience with UNICEF and maximize their donations through efficient fundraising processes. The role will also explore and define the place of Mobile in our fundraising campaigns, including the use of SMS, mobile payments and messaging and ensure capture of good practices, global learnings and the further development of the fundraising mechanism. And supporting the delivery of Donor Servicing across all inbound channels driving the supporter experience as paramount.
The Specialist must be able to contribute expertise and add value to the many TM campaigns from donor acquisition through cold outbound TM, conversion of warm leads to pledge donors, Pathways to Pledge and inbound calls as a response mechanism to offline media like direct response TV or Direct Mail. Lastly, the incumbent will provide advice for donor management, value maximization, quality control, donor saving and reactivation. In addition, the role will manage UNICEF's Inspired Gifts program.
The Global Telemarketing Fundraising Specialist will work closely with the Fundraising Specialists for Telemarketing in Panama and Bangkok and support fundraising teams around the world to develop their fundraising activity in this area.
Under the guidance of the Fundraising Manager in Geneva, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Work closely with the fundraising teams to coach, develop, support and advise on their TM activities and ensure the realization of plans and results.
- The Global Telemarketing Specialist will provide TM training to both TM agencies and in-house fundraising teams, provide support calls on TM activities and answering ad-hoc queries on best in class implementation strategies.
- Ensure learning's are captured in Best Practices and manual and that these are continuously updated and rolled out to markets
- Working with fundraising markets to develop TM Fundraising plans, and ensure campaigns are fully optimized.
- Working with fundraising markets to develop their mobile fundraising campaigns and ensure its further development as a fundraising mechanism and channel.
- The collection and regular monitoring of TM benchmarks to compare results, identify best in class performances and identify trends.
- Organize and coordinate TM webinars with key speakers from across the organization.
- Help coordinate and deliver Global and Regional TM training's and workshops.
- Take responsibility for driving and developing UNICEF's Inspired Gifts program
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced University degree in any of the following :Business Administration , Economics, Marketing, Fundraising, Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, or Equivalent.
- A first university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Qualification and Specialized Knowledge/ Experience required:
- At least 5 years’ hands-on experience of Telemarketing fundraising across diverse markets, including: Strategy development and implementation; Training fundraisers; Budgeting; Performance management and pay schemes; Preparing materials & scripts; Analyzing & reporting on donor recruitment including long term attrition; Quality control and risk management.
- Experience of negotiating contracts and enforcing contractual terms with Telemarketing agencies, preferably across diverse markets.
- It would be an advantage if the person had gained the above experience in both agency and charity environments.
- Experience of integrated multi-channel fundraising would be an advantage.
- It would also be an advantage if the person has experience of other pledge fundraising and lead generation channels.
- Proven ability to coordinate complex, multi-million dollar programs and work with senior level management.
- Thorough and current knowledge of Telemarketing trends across multiple markets.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and to establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to devise, plan, develop and implement strategies and projects.
- Proven ability to deliver to targets and demonstrated experience of results-based management.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and communicate ideas effectively.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical, negotiating and communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Fluency in English required, fluency of another UN language considered as highly desirable, with Spanish especially valued.
For Every Child, you demonstrate….
- Drive for Results (Level III)
- Communication (Level III)
- Working with People (Level II)
- Formulating Strategies and concepts (Level II)
- Analyzing (Level II)
- Relating and Networking (Level II)
- Persuading and Influencing (Level III)
- Entrepreneurial Thinking (Level II)
To view our competency framework, please visit:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
For more information on remuneration and benefits, please visit UNICEF’s Entitlements’ page.
If you would like to find estimates for entitlements, you may use the online. Salary Estimate Calculator.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.