National Coordination and Liaison Specialist (Net Salary USD 30,926 ~37,956 per annum)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective and accurate research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and the ability to analyze highly complex political, social and economic matters related to the UN’s mandates and presence in Myanmar;
- Support to retrieving information from respected and relevant sources and ability to create information loops as needed.
- Systematic preparation of meetings for the UN Resident Coordinator, the Peace and Development Advisor and potentially other senior colleagues to enable fruitful discussions based on extensive research.
- Establish extensive contact and network lists across the country enabling the UN Resident Coordinator and Peace and Development Advisor to swiftly reach and meet key actors when needed.
- Effective capturing of meeting minutes and action points as well as proactive follow-up on agreed priority issues.
- Provide politically sensitive interpretation and translation as needed.
- Feed into ongoing work priorities of the RCO when relevant and requested.
- Preparation and drafting of periodic reports, ad hoc analysis of specific events and trends.
- Preparation and drafting of Talking Points for the RC when engaging with Government, EAOs, political parties, diplomatic corps, and I/NGOs on the peace process, Rakhine crisis and the 2020 elections.
- Carry out short-term research on thematic issues as determined by the RC or PDA in relation to the triple transition.
- Assist with ensuring that Conflict Sensitive approaches to the UN work as well as the RCO’s coordination activities
- Maintenance of the systematic information on RC system activities.
- Arrangement of ad-hoc and systematic dialogues, forums and events on issues related to UN activities with Government, EAOs and other key stakeholders as before mentioned.
- Preparation and drafting of the RCO work plan and reports.
- Technical support for UNCT retreats to review the annual work plan and other UNCT meetings.
- Support proposal writing and budget revision for the unit with sound political expertise and know-how of state and non-state actors.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the success of the RCO. In particular, the key results have an impact on the implementation of UN activities, strengthening of strategic partnerships and information sharing internally as well as externally in areas related to the peace process, Rakhine crisis and 2020 elections.
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating UN’s priorities
- Maintains a functioning network of contacts with a variety of audiences for advocating UN’s priorities
- Maintains a functioning network of contacts with a variety of stakehodlers to promote a better understanding of UN’s development agenda and to support advocacy efforts
- Researches linkages across policy priorities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific political activities and their impact on UN projects/ programme implementation
- Analyzes country situation to identify opportunities for project development
- Participates in the formulation of project proposals and ensures substantive rigor in the design and application of proven successful approaches and drafts proposals accordingly
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners stakeholders
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/ best practices/ new approaches
- Collects, researches and analyzes information on resource mobilization and utilization, drafts reports and documents and maintains information/ databases on potential and actual donors and donor funded projects
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of fund raising activities and resource mobilization documents ensuring needs of donors are met
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for advocacy for UN’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Maintains a functioning network of contacts in the media and civil society, to promote a better understanding of UN’s priorities and to support advocacy efforts
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgement
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in coordinating and liaising with a myriad of stakeholders.
- Knowledge about the UN and UN coordination would be an advantage.
- Understanding of the complexities of peace, political and internal communal challenges would be an advantage
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Excellent command of Myanmar and English language, both oral and written is a prerequisite for this position.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar languages.
UNDP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
those candidates in whose qualifications and experience the Organization has further interest will be contacted for subsequent interview(s).
UNDP regrets its inability to reply individually or attend to telephone or e-mail queries on the advertised posts.