Procurement Assistant SC5, Dushanbe
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, fluency in Tajik, knowledge of Russian is an asset.
At least 5 years of experience in general administration, out of which at least 3 years in procurement.
To perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
- Participates in the process of market surveys (periodic and on ad-hoc basis) for prices, stock and vendors information collection;
- Participates in the Request for Information (RFI) preparation and consolidated reports preparation;
- Leads the exercise and participate in Expression of Interest (EOI) preparation; handles the pre-qualification process for new vendors and tenders records update;
- Coordinates the process of vendors data collection, assessment and vendor management committee submission;
- Takes actions on documenting the performance evaluation of the suppliers and communicates with them on improvement plan expected;
- Participate in the process of procurement plan for NFI for CO;
- Review the specifications and TORs/SOWs to ensure that all is in compliance for a competitive tendering process;
- Guides other non-procurement staff in requesting unit on preparation of purchase requisition and other supporting documents that may be needed (specifications, market prices, etc.);
- Handles tenders mainly for NFI, but not limited to Food and Q&Q food inspection service;
- Review the accuracy of the WINGS POs/contracts; Prepare purchase orders and contracts when need be;
- Takes timely action on POs/Contract closure and proper filing update;
- Insert all files, documents and records in compliance with WFP Procurement rules;
- Contribute on a file & records system that are easily accessible and friendly user for daily procurement operational needs and for CO management and/or audit queries;
- Use of check-list for files/records pre-auditing before files and archived;
- Any other duty required which is relevant to Generic Job Description and current functional TOR.
• Has worked on procurement activities.
• Experience conducting analyses and developing reports.
• Experience working with suppliers or other third party on day to day basis.
Selected candidate will be employed on Service Contract. WFP offers an attractive compensation. 16 weeks of maternity leave is part of the package.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
17 November 2019.