Business Administrator Trainee
- Type of traineeship: Business Administrator Trainee
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: CF/QC - Quality & Compliance Manager
- Publication date: 14/11/2019
- Closing date: 12/12/2019
Within the Directorate Central Route Charges Office and Finance, the Quality and Compliance Manager develops, maintains and supports the implementation of CF’s Policy on Quality and Compliance and for monitoring its application in line with prescribed processes, ensuring compliance with applicable standards, rules and regulatory requirements.
The Quality and Compliance (QC) Manager is looking for a dynamic and proactive trainee to work on various administrative, support and coordination tasks.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
This is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in developing his or her legal knowledge, as well as administration & coordination skills in a multicultural, multilingual context and gaining invaluable professional experience in an intergovernmental setting.
Your main tasks will be:
- support the Head DCF/QC with various administrative tasks, including preparing meetings, presentations, document production, document proofing, word processing, preparing reports;
- quality: support process mapping, issue management and AFS document management and control;
- coordinate the European Schools Stage (one week at end of June), including planning, preparation, administration, reporting and coordination of the actual event. Support the administration & filing for other European Schools activities/actions;
- support with the implementation of the Agency Finance Services (AFS) approach to Business Continuity (IT applications/systems);
- follow-up on DCF/AFS Internal Audit recommendations, produce status reports via SharePoint and handle the general admin of AFS IA Reports.
In return, we want you to have the best possible first work experience and get you ready to take off in your professional career. We will mentor you and train you so that you can gain new skills and put your knowledge into practice.
We would like you to stay with us for 12 months to maximise your learning experience.
- Master or equivalent. We are looking for candidates who have completed their Master’s (preferably);
- Have a Legal or Business Administration background;
- Excellent scrutiny skills, with an inquisitive mind and good attention to detail. The person should have good organisational and coordination skills and a strong will to work in a busy and challenging international environment;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, you will need to have an excellent command of English, (written/oral).Additional language knowledge may be an asset;
- Drafting skills in English;
- Excellent coordination, administrative and secretarial skills;
- Good knowledge of the use of data processing technology, e.g. MS WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT and OUTLOOK;
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.