The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The National Professional Officer (Administration) reports to the Assistant FAO Representative (Administration).
Programme administration and financial management, including accounting and personnel administration.
Administrative support for non-staff human resources (NSHR) recruitment and procedures and NSHR personnel administration.
- Provides support in the areas of administration including personnel, finance and budgetary control;
- Maintains all financial records and monitoring systems of the office and assists with monitoring of various accounts; supervises and/or maintains imprest accounts; ensures that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent; and reports variations from budgets;
- Supervises the administrative team;
- Assists with organizing and/or retrieving, entering, selecting and analysing data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO's corporate systems;
- Prepares financial and administrative correspondence for the office, including the personnel administration, processing of payments in accordance with established rules; maintains a filing system; and ensures that an appropriate paper trail with key documentation is archived;
- Assists with the preparation of recurring reports on programme, project and office accounts; provides support in the preparation of reports for budget planning, audits and other related requests; and liaises with local banks and financial institutions;
- Monitors the receipt of government contributions and ensures that all procurement and custom clearances for programmes, projects and the office are properly requested and obtained;
- Ensures the compliance with the Organization's security guidelines (Minimum Operational Security Standards, MOSS).
- Provides and coordinates the delivery of comprehensive human resources support for NSHR administration;
- Ensures compliance with relevant policies and regulations as well as transparency and consistency of transactions and procedures related to NSHR processes and practices;
- Provides HR information and advice to management and staff; assists in the preparation of NSHR job profiles and NSHR requisitions;
- Supervises the recruitment process of all categories of NSHR within the country of assignment;
- Supervises, trains and provides guidance to other human resources support in the FAO Country Office.
- National of the country of assignment;
- Advanced university degree in a field related to business or public administration;
- One year of relevant experience in office management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or finance;
- Working knowledge (Level C) of the official communication language used for FAO communication with the country (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian);
- Working knowledge of the local language (if not English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese);
- Limited knowledge (Level B) of English (if the main communication language is French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
- Extent and relevance of experience in the field of office management and administration including supervisory experience;
- Extent of knowledge of UN or standard operational rules and procedures and project/programme administrative management procedures;
- Extent of knowledge of FAO's corporate systems and data base, or knowledge of other accounting or financial modules or applications relevant to accounting procedures or project budget management would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated analytical and judgment skills and ability to apply rules and regulations in the subject field.