Finance Specialist (Accounts Payable)
The IDLO Finance Department is an integral part of the project team which seeks to ensure financial integrity with goal of realizing high level of transparency and accountability in the execution of various donors’ projects. The Finance Department places high value on producing accurate and auditable financial reports for all its stakeholders.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, the Finance Specialist (Accounts Payable) will provide support in delivery of consistent and accurate financial accounting processes in line with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), various donor rules and regulations and IDLO policies and procedures. S/he will be responsible for processing all financial transactions in MS Navision and online banking system in a timely manner ensuring correct coding and classification of data to enable appropriate financial reporting. The postholder will play a key role in the month end financial close process including consolidation and generation of account schedules, reconciliations and other reports.
- Responsible for the basic operations of the accounting function – banking, cash management, coding and data entry of transactions;
- Support the Finance Accountant to maintain an overall accounting system for IDLO HQ in line with the organizations guidance and procedures;
- Support the Financial Accountant to ensure that IDLO resources are adequately tracked and that proper authorization for the use of resources is provided;
- Provide assurance that resources used follow IDLO policies and procedures and applicable donor rules and regulations;
- Perform verification of invoices as per established organization processes and approvals, matching supporting documentation for vendor and consultant invoices, recalculating for mathematical accuracy, and ensuring the use of adequate codes;
- Advise on corrective actions needed in terms of support documentation and/or compliance issues in connection to payment;
- Ensure timely processing of all invoices including payroll through bulk or manual payments both in NAV and in the online banking system;
- Review and post monthly registrations in NAV, including but not limited to payroll, funds requests, internal transfers, depreciation, accruals and prepayments;
- Monitor incoming funds in the online banking system; report the same to Finance colleagues timely;
- Analyze complex/unusual accounting transactions and difficult claims for travel, invoices and entitlement matters and make recommendations to the Financial Accountant on appropriate follow-up procedures;
- Review and reconcile various accounts payable accounts and investigate erroneous/ invalid entries to take appropriate corrective accounting actions;
- Respond to queries from staff members and 3rd parties;
- Provide MS NAVISION training support to other staff members as appropriate;
- Support the appropriate sharing of information by producing various reports for management;
- Support the Financial Accountant in activities related to month and year end closure processes;
- Act as a back-up to the Financial Accountant when absent;
- Perform any other similar duties as requested by the supervisor.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Academic qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Accounting Certification – ACCA, CA, CPA
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written.
Specific knowledge, skills and experience
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience in an international accounting and financial management environment preferably within international organizations or private /public organization with donor funded programs;
- Experiences in IPSAS is an added advantage
- Demonstratable knowledge of general accounting principles;
- Experience ideally within an intergovernmental or international non-governmental organization;
- Demonstratable knowledge of IPSAS, financial rules and regulations and accounting principles;
- Experience in the usage of MS Office packages;
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets and database packages;
- Working knowledge and experience on the use of ERP;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong planning and organizational ability;
- Effective corporate communication skills;
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and prioritize
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this internationally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 24 months, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
In addition, IDLO shall offer the candidate an annual basic salary of EUR 36,000, a leave and benefit package, including medical, mission insurance, and provident fund, in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
Relocation and installation support are also available for internationally recruited employees.
Please ensure that ONLY CV and Cover letter are attached and kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.