IT Coordinator, Syria/MENA Program, L6
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. Be part of a growing international organization that is dedicated to tackling this global challenge. To learn more about ICMP click here.
ICMP Syria/MENA program aims to establish the foundations for an effective and sustainable mechanism to address the issue of the missing in a future post-conflict Syria. The program will focus on the following:
1) contributing to increased understanding among victims, civil society and key stakeholders regarding processes, standards and rights of victims and survivors who are involved in accounting for missing persons;
2) establishing the conditions to launch a participative process of data collection that empowers and engages families of the missing; and
3) increasing the capacity of Syrian families, legal experts and other stakeholders to foster an impartial and law-based approach to accounting for missing persons in post-conflict Syria.
The primary beneficiaries of the Syria program are families, in particular women, with relatives missing from the conflict, who are currently displaced in neighboring countries and, also where possible, those who are still in Syria.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Mission Support, with technical support from the Global IT Manager, the IT Coordinator will be providing ICT related support to the MENA program staff, both in person and utilizing remote support tools as well as ensure effective implementation of the organization's ICT strategic plans, policies and procedures. IT Coordinator will maintain MENA program ICT architecture ensuring efficient and secure operational environment, provide technical assessment of program specific ICT requirements and ensure compliance with global ICT infrastructure and operations as well as actively participate in ensuring organization’s efficient and effective cyber security posture.
The duties of the IT Coordinator will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Provide ICT subject matter (approved software, hardware and services) related support to project/mission based users both on premise and through remote support tools.
- Administration of project/mission focused scope of users, computers and services in line with global organizational ICT policies and strategy.
- Installation, deployment, maintenance and administration of project/mission based ICT related hardware and services in line with global organizational ICT policies and strategy.
- Installation, deployment and maintenance of organization's approved software tools, clients and services in line with global organizational ICT policies and strategy.
- Provide the assesment of project/mission specifc ICT requirements and assist in development of ICT operational and security plans/infrastructure vital to realizing project/mission operational goals.
- Other duties as assigned.