HR & Admin Manager
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC are preparing to launch an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC will be implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The Human Resources and Administration Manager provides overall advice, coordination and management of HR & Admin team. She/ He ensures efficient support to the program in accordance with existing DRC policies and procedures.
Overall purpose of the role:
- Lead and manage the Admin and Human Resources functions.
- Provide overall advice, coordination and management to the Human Resources and Administration team at the head office and technical Human Resources support to the field offices.
- Ensure efficient support to the program in accordance with existing DRC policies and procedures.
- Ensure that DRC’s HR strategy, policy and practices are understood and applied effectively, fairly and cost efficiently throughout the region.
Manage visas, entry permits, registration and work permits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Lead and manage the Human Resources and Administration team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development).
- Provide technical support, advice and build the capacity of the Human Resources and Administration team.
- Advise and assist managers in Human Resources related issues and concerns.
- Act as focal point for contact to DRC lawyer on issues pertaining to labor law and legal procedures.
Recruitment, development and people planning
- Drive and support International recruitment and selection activities ensuring compliance with recruitment process.
- Overview the recruitment of the national positions.
- Overview the onboarding/ offboarding process for all newly joining staff.
- Review and analyse the report of the exit interviews and put work on new staff retention strategies and initiatives.
- Ensure personal and professional development opportunities are equally offered to all employees in the organization.
- Contribute to the development of the training policies and opportunities while working on fair mechanism of access to trainings.
- Assist Managers to identify, recommend and approve learning & development initiatives for their employees through DRC learning catalogue.
Performance, well-being and compensations & benefits
- Proactively respond to and manage performance counselling, employee grievances and disciplinary issues as required, with a focus on building manager competency and ensuring that documentation is kept.
- Lead the performance management process.
- Primary focal point for staff performance appraisal processes.
- Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements.
- Maintain people well-being.
- Define and review salary structure in partnership with the Senior Management team and coordinate annual compensation review process and compensation adjustments.
- Ensure timely submission of payroll to the finance for payment process by 25th of every month.
Human Resources Policies and Support
- Participate and initiate in the improvement of existing policies, procedures and processes in Human Resources and Administration for DRC in Bangladesh.
- Work closely with HQ to share information and provide support as required.
- Ensure the full compliance of the organization in Human Resources with the DRC Operations Handbooks, DRC Policies and Bangladesh labor laws and regulations.
- Lead the elaboration, conception, development and achievement of new policies, procedures and processes in Human Resources and Administration for DRC in Bangladesh.
- Ensure the due follow-up of any change and/or update in the labor law, taxation law or social security law (or their respective legal regulations and/or norms of implementation) in effect in Bangladesh and guarantee that the DRC management is aware of any change potentially impacting the DRC in Bangladesh.
DRC Dynamics ERP system
- Ensure DRC Dynamics is used to its full capacity.
- Ensure proper application of ERP human resources processes in the country.
- Apply reports and data analytics from ERP system to improve performance in the country.
- Ensure that Country ERP support is in place (i.e. super users, heavy useres, etc…)
- Ensure proper employment standards and working conditions are met, maintained and equal for all, including the core principles of safety, security, equality of treatment, non-discrimination and respect for all employees.
- Overview the process of contracts extension and ensure all contracts are extended (when applicable) on time.
- Ensure oversight of management of visas, entry permits, registration and work permits.
- Ensure oversight of internal and international travel.
- Ensure timely updating and renewal of organization registration certificates.
- Oversee the proper management of office and DRC accommodations and ensure it is safe and functioning.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- At least 5 years' experience in relevant field, of which at least 2 years in a senior Human Resources management role within an NGO.
- At least 3 years' experience with people management.
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management.
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge/experience of Human Resources Management principles, concepts & processes.
- Good knowledge on local labor law.
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issue.
- Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies, and driving implementation.
- Experience using an online system for recruitments
- Master’s degree in HR Management, Business or Social Science degree.
- Any professional Certification on HR Management will have advantage.
- Full professional proficiency in Bangla & English.
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: F1
- Start date: 1st January 2020
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning two referees' details with CV, where one must be from present or past employer (If Experienced) & another person can be your colleague.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
Closing date for applications: 10th December 2019
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com. Due to the urgency of the position, DRC will review the applications on rolling basis.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.