Knowledge Management Spécialist
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Head of Stabilisation or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Knowledge Management Specialist will be responsible for:
- Supporting the organization of RSF and RSS Coordination meetings.
- Preparing briefing notes, providing technical input and ensuring quality and coherence amongst different materials / power point presentations / documents prepared at the RSF and RSS Secretariat;
- Preparing drafts for agendas, minutes and reports of RSF/RSS coordination meetings;
- Conduct in depth research and analysis on climate change related themes;
- Develop a knowledge base platform to track various stabilisation activities being launched and ensure information sharing, policy coherence and consistency among various UNDP Stabilisation initiatives at global, regional and national levels windows
- Prepare of Knowledge products for dissemination
- Identify best practices from all Stabilisation windows which could help build knowledge base within UNDP for sharing information and draft best practices and lessons learned
- Support in development and maintenance of content management procedures and with the production, selection and maintenance of high-quality content of the workspace.
- Advise practitioners on the application of the knowledge platform and how to provide inputs / access it.
- Maintain the platform and promote its use and implementation, particularly the exchange of experiences in thematic forums and through the capture of lessons learned.
- Ensure that relevant information, best practices and lessons learned are disseminated that comply with the quality requirements.
- Identify relevant databases and facilitate access by project partners to relevant, state of the art information.
- Develop a tracking and record management system of important events and activities for UNDP relating to Stabilisation
- Identify and establish relations with national and international networks that could provide technical support to efficient and effective project implementation.
- Maintaining list of key tasks/inputs required by UNDP from other processes;
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis as required by the network products and services;
- Support in maintenance of quality assurance of products developed and flag possible substantive discrepancies between different materials to maintain coherence and policy consistency on products available in the knowledge platform.
Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g. computer sciences or area related to application and website development; a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degreeRequired experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
At least 5 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in managing knowledge platform website social media official account, or other relevant programmes; experience with website knowledge platform is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- Experience working with donors
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 over rough terrain; (if not applicable, delete)
- Sound security awareness;
Have affinity with or interest in peacebuilding and peace consolidation, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN SystemDriving license: No Competencies values:
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams