Knowledge Management and Communications Officer
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of BHR Regional Specialist or his/her designated mandated representative, the UN Volunteer , Knowledge Management and Communications Officer will:
The Knowledge Management and Communications Officer (UNV) will report to the BHR Regional Specialist and ensure effective monitoring and reporting of results as well as knowledge management. The Knowledge Management and Communications Officer, well-placed to measure and report on results and lessons learned, will ensure that the project communication plan is fully implemented. In this regard, the Officer will:
Knowledge Management and Project Coordination:
- Support Regional BHR Specialist in the management and coordination of PSC meetings and other project management-related meetings;
- Serve as the project’s knowledge management focal point;
- Coordinate, identify, develop and disseminate knowledge products and lessons learned;
- Ensure timely and effective responses to inquiries for public information materials;
- Ensures provision of support to the management of ongoing project activities;
- Provide inputs in the elaboration of the work plan;
- Assist in arranging logistics, preparing agenda and coordinating with related stakeholders for organising workshops as and when required;
- Assist in minutes taking for program/project meetings and in drafting research reports as needed;
- Assist in organising the planned events of the project.
Communications and Outreach:
- Development/production of communication and advocacy instruments and materials for creating visibility of the programme and organise awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing materials and press releases as and when required by the project
- Conduct communications needs assessments for the programme;
- Work closely and in partnership with UN partners in the promotion and dissemination of advocacy materials relating to the programme areas
- Communicate and publicize programme activities and oversee all communication related activities of the programme in cooperation with the UNDP COs;
- Assist in the development of awareness-raising products (e.g. project briefs, and project-related videos) and support coordination of project branding;
- Develop social media visibility plans for project events;
- Increase the visibility of the project by drafting press releases, op-eds, stories and other relevant communications materials.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the Programme results and M&E framework;
- Ensure that the Programme has results-based annual work plans with indicators, baselines and targets established at output and activity level;
- Develops and coordinates effective mechanisms of monitoring the Programme implementation including development of evaluation tools and processes, innovative approaches;
- Prepares Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Reports capturing qualitative and quantitative aspects, according to the annual work plans and log frame;
- Contribute substantially to donor reporting and other communication products with the provision of evidence-based results analysis;
Ensures that monitoring systems are properly designed, and that data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized.Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g. Law, Business, Communications, M&E or area related to Business and Human Rights; a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree;Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national or international level or other relevant programmes; experience with EU/donor report writing, monitoring and evaluation, is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- At least 2 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Expertise in analysing data using statistical software;
- Experience leading digital content creation, including shooting and editing video
- Excellent command of graphic design tools (i.e. Photoshop, Adobe inDesign, etc)
- Excellent/native command of written English.
- Experience writing persuasive messages for a range of audiences, including press releases, articles, blogs, newsletters;
- Experience managing webpage management platforms, such as Adobe CQ5 or WordPress; MS Office Publisher
- Ability to complete tasks independently and take the initiative, but also work well as part of a team;
- Previous relevant experience with UNDP, EU-funded projects or the broader UN system would be an asset.