Management & Admin Associate
New Delhi (India)
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime is the main UN agency in the fight against illicit drugs, crime, corruption and terrorism in virtue of the UN Conventions and Universal Instruments in this regard. The UNODC Regional Office for South Asia (UNODC ROSA) is located in New Delhi (India) and covers six countries of the region: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka. Under its Regional Programme for South Asia for the period 2018-2021, UNODC is delivering technical assistance to South Asia under the following five sub-programmes: (1) countering transnational organized crime; (2) a comprehensive response to the drug problem (drug trafficking & drugs and health); (3) countering corruption; (4) terrorism prevention; (5) criminal justice and crime prevention.
The UNODC Office seeks to hire the services of a Management & Administrative Associate. to effectively accomplish the below mentioned tasks, including effective front-office support to the Regional Representative for UNODC South Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (Finance & Operations) and overall supervision of the Representative/Deputy Representative, the incumbent will perform the following functions.
Support to the Representative
• Maintenance of the Representative’s calendar, contacts, arrangement of appointments and meetings and taking minutes, when required.
• Maintenance of efficient rosters and database of partners, telephone lists and contacts.
• Preparation of correspondence, comments on behalf of the Representative for his/her signature and making follow-up when required.
• Plans, coordinates and provides assistance in the Representative’s duty travel and meetings with government officials and other counterparts; liaises to arrange itineraries of field visits and missions; collates briefing materials from relevant staff.
• Support the management of events in close coordination with project staff.
• Receive, screen and route incoming correspondence.
• Responsible for screening and routing incoming calls for the Representative.
• Ensure follow ups with staff on timely submission of reports and responses to queries.
• Responsible for maintenance of chrono file of outgoing correspondence.
• Performs other duties as required.
Administration and Finance
• Ensure that the office environment is maintained in proper working order and all administrative actions are regularly monitored and addressed.
• Regularly monitor the housekeeping staff in the day-to-day administrative work.
• Ensure that the office equipment and property is maintained regularly.
• Process the procurement of supplies/ equipment in respect of the Field Office budget; obtain quotations and bids, ensures complete procurement process is followed.
• Assist in preparing documents for GST refund with relevant rules and procedures.
• Preparation and renewal of requisitions/low value purchase orders for administrative services in Umoja.
• Organise and coordinate adminstrative arrangements for workshops and trainings as and when required.
• Monitor accounts and prepare payment requests in Umoja to vendors and individual contractors for goods and services.
• Ensure regular maintenance of office vehicles.
• Ensure full compliance of UN rules and regulations, policies and strategies on travel management and ensure that vehicles are used in accordance with UN rules and regulations and that vehicle usage data is correctly recorded.
• Arranges and liaises with UNDP in preparation/extension of passport, visas and airport passes.
• Assists with disposal of equipments.
• Draft routine correspondence and documents.
• Maintain records, documents and correspondence.
• Act as Security Focal point for UNODC ROSA and regularly update UNDSS records/documents from the region.
• Provide administative/financial support to programme offices in the SA region.
• Other duties as required.
Key Results Expected:
Accurately prepares reports and records in the areas of work and other administrative functions; administrative coordination, preparation of activities and general office support services.
1. Client Orientation – Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate manner; organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines; establishes , builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients; responds to client needs promptly.
2. Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; exhibits interest in having two-way communication; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
3. Teamwork - Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
4. Planning and organizing - Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; uses time efficiently.
5. Accountability - Takes ownership of all responsibility and honor commitments; delivers outputs in line with agreed schedules, budgets and quality standards in line with prevailing rules, regulations and procedures.
6. Commitment to continuous learning – Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession. Actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally. Shows willingness to learn from others.
Required Skills and Experience
• A first level university degree in administration, commerce, accounting or a related field.
• 5-7 years of work experience in the area of finance and/or administration.
• Experience in administration of technical assistance projects in government/ international organisation is desirable.
• Work Experience with UN and knowledge of UN policies, guidelines and procedures would be an asset
• Working experience in Umoja is desirable
• Proficient in computer skills including word, excel and power point.
• Ability to do internet search.
• Excellent command of English language (oral and written).
Remuneration package is Rs. 98,492/- per month (taxable). Additional benefits include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for Service Contract holder.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.