Under the supervision of Rio de Janeiro Chief of Field Office, and in close collaboration with other Programme Sections, the UN Volunteer, keeping abreast of UNICEF key guidance and tools and in line with Country Programme Document, will undertake the following tasks:
Networking and partnership building
- Organize regular meetings with UNICEF technical partners to implement the Platform for Urban Centres priorities in Vitoria (as per stated in the organizational context) and in the State of Espírito Santo, which includes capacity building of public managers, advocacy and adolescents’ mobilization;
- Prepare information materials, such as source for life stories, evidence-based through previous researches, and map of stakeholders, for Country Office program advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fundraising.
- Keep close collaboration with the technical teams of main UNICEF Vitoria partners: municipal and state government, the parliament, media, corporate, NGOs and universities.
Support to program development and planning
- Support technically and operationally preparing related materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support programme planning, results-based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating results, especially on health and education;
- Provide ad-hoc support programme areas and data-related activities held in 2020;
- Support the development and implementation of Municipal Action plan on school exclusion prevention and sexual and reproductive rights and State Action Plan on ECD and Education.
Support activities related to technical and operational support to program implementation
- Support workshops with adolescents to promote their rights in the urban centres;
- Organize regular meetings with UNICEF technical partners, which includes capacity building of public managers, advocacy and adolescents’ mobilization;
- Prepare and update clear analysis on the situation of children and adolescents in the municipality and the state;
- Support programme field visits and surveys and/or exchange information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress and results;
- Support programme implementation providing technical and operational assistance to government counterparts, NGO partners and UN system partners on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices on health, education, child protection and related issues.
- Support early child development activities such as planning and implementing the Baby Week to give visibility and enhance advocacy on infant rights, the Early-Child Development State Committee to develop and implement the State Action Plan on ECD and ECD Friendly Services Initiative to improve quality of service delivery on ECD;
- Support current implementing activities related to youth engagement for better child nutrition and prevention of child obesity;
- Support adolescent health programme by accompanying the initiative of Viva Melhor Sabendo Jovem, related to HIV prevention;
- Support the capacity building for professionals on youth engagement, healthy eating and peer education in order to improve health service quality and co-related areas;
- Support the implementation of active search of out-of-school children and initiatives related to improving quality of education in public school.
Master´s Degree in Social Sciences or in related area (Sociology, Political Sciences, International Relations, Law, Management, Public Administration, etc.) OR Bachelor´s Degree in Social Sciences or in related area (Sociology, Psychology, Political Sciences, International Relations, Law, Management, Public Administration, etc.) with 2 additional years of work experience in the area.Required experience: 96 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum of 8 years relevant professional experience;
- Multidisciplinary experience and broad knowledge in social policies;
- Experience in supporting the development of projects/ programmes;
- Experience in supporting advocacy and networking with multisectoral partners;
- Experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation will be highly regarded;
- Experience in child protection/ human rights is an asset;
- Knowledge of public policy management
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Good knowledge on Child and Adolescent’s Rights, and the Child and Adolescents Statute (and its implications for Brazil);
- Basic knowledge in communication;
- Knowledge of the local context and the main stakeholders within the urban territories;
- Basic knowledge of statistics, social indicators, primary and secondary data, as well as understanding of public databases;
- Knowledge of public policy management
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only Brazilian nationals and legal residents in Brazil with a valid residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.Driving license: No