- Human Resources
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and manage a coordinated and effective team of professionals through results-oriented work planning, guidance, direction, supervision and performance assessment, promoting a work environment conducive to producing the outputs and delivering the services required in the results framework.
- Monitor and leverage the operations management team’s work to provide high quality technical support to meet CO’s operational needs aiming at enhancing it’s performance and delivery in close coordination with the Senior Management Team for alignment with best quality operational practices and new policy developments.
- Oversee the development and implementation of action plans in response to audit findings and recommendations in close coordination with the Senior Management Team, and the RBA Oversight teams at HQ to leverage the CO’s performance and adherence to quality assurance. Assess and manage risks ensuring deficiencies are addressed in a timely manner and strengthening internal control mechanisms. Alert the Resident Representative and the SMT on emerging risks and challenges.
- Build positive relationship with external parties including other UN Agencies, donor and government officials and external organizations to tap into innovative approaches and best practices.
- Monitor, analyse and advise senior management on strategic resource trends, issues and opportunities that may impact the CO’s financial sustainability and programmatic delivery commitments.
- Coordinate and guide the CO Operational support for the quality, cost effective and timely provision of direct services to the RCO as well as technical support services to the other UN Agencies in the following areas:
- Financial Resource management
- Human Resources management
- Information and Communication Technologies
- General administration management and Common Services
- Business Continuity and Staff Safety and Security
- Chair the OMT and contribute, in support of the UNCT to develop work plans, long term agreements and mechanisms to identify deficiencies and meet and anticipate UN agencies needs based on a continued analysis of inter-agencies aggregate results and evolving priorities and to inform the formulation of operational strategies by UNCT.
- Contribute to organizational excellence and effective knowledge management as well as the effective use of enabling technologies for innovation and learning in operations management related issues.
- Promote the active use of performance dashboard and feedback mechanisms for organizational performance improvements, including the communities of practice and development solutions teams.
- Disseminate and encourage capacity building by contributing to the shaping of enabling policies, tools and mechanisms to facilitate organizational knowledge sharing and advancement.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in Management, Economics, Business Administration or other related social sciences.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience at the national and international level, in a governmental, development multilateral or civil society organization setting in providing management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
- Record of progressively responsible experience in operational audit management and/or operations management/advisory an advantage
- Functional and operational knowledge of IPSAS and hands on experience in implementation of oversight mechanisms, and knowledge of organizational design and change management will be desirable.
- Fluency in English
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.