Mexico City (Mexico)
IDLO IN MEXICO
IDLO is committed and engaged with Mexican institutions to support the rule of law in Mexico by strengthening the capacity of police institutions as they apply the police professionalization process as part of the country’s criminal justice system reform. The project will focus on capacity development in three areas. The first one focuses on supporting initial training for the preventive police at the municipal level under the Professionalization Framework Program (PRP) and certification process to improve their competence and professionalism. Next, the project will enhance the knowledge and skills of first responders to improve their performance in the criminal process and therefore the quality of criminal justice. The third area will address the capacity of procedural police to consolidate the units at the state level to ensure adequate implementation of the criminal justice system.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) exercises conducted at IDLO follow the international OECD DAC standards. Within this context, IDLO strives to strengthen and coordinate its internal project monitoring system across all its field activities. Project monitoring is an integral part of the project cycle and a pre-requisite for successful results-based management. By periodically assessing the extent of the overall project progress (at the input, output and outcome level), it generates important information on the project advancement and allows for necessary adjustments. It also generates important data for a higher level of appraisals as, inter alia, mid-term reviews and (impact) evaluations assessing project results at the outcome level by measuring to what degree the expected projects’ objectives have been achieved.
Under the supervision of the M&E Specialist, in close consultation with the Program Team, the Monitoring & Evaluation Associate will perform the following duties:
- Conduct Real Time Monitoring (RTM) for the training delivered by IDLO and local institutions’ instructors;
- Provide need-based coaching (legal and training management) to the trainers and instructors;
- Draft RTM reports, keep reports’ filing, and upload key findings from the RTM reports to the program database;
- Draft summary reports on the RTM findings for the quarterly, annual and final program’s reports;
- Contribute to the design and refinement of M&E framework and tools;
- Support in conducting needs assessments exercises.
- Support in collecting data as per the M&E framework requirements;
- Carry out any other duty within the overall function and level of responsibility of the post.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Academic qualifications
- Graduate degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Economics, Statistics, or related studies is required.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English, both spoken and written.
Specific knowledge, skills and behavioral competencies
- Minimum 2 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation with an emphasis on project monitoring in an international organization, national development aid organization, or recognized NGO implementing large development cooperation programs. Experience in the justice and security sector is an asset;
- Knowledge of M&E frameworks, data analysis and synthesis, and report writing;
- Computer skills demonstrating competency in advanced statistical package such as SPSS, and managing large and complex data-sets;
- Proficiency in writing M&E related reports;
- Understanding of gender-related issues and inclusive participation into M&E initiatives and organizational frameworks;
- Availability to travel inside Mexico or abroad for short missions;
- Ability to respond timely to queries and provide feedback;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Self-motivated and dynamic, willing and able to take initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives; and
- Willingness to work and live in a security volatile environment, adhere to IDLO’s security policies and regulations at all times.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to International employees.
The successful candidate will be contracted for an initial period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension, depending on satisfactory performance and continued funding availability.
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer a monthly basic salary in the range of USD 2,000 and an additional benefits package including health Insurance coverage, 30 days annual leave, sick leave and official holidays.
Please ensure that ONLY CV and Cover letter are attached and kindly note that only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline is 2 January 2020 and kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.