Grant and Information Manager Colombia
Santa Marta (Spain)
Senior role managing relationships with institutional donors in-country, securing awards, responsible for grant management, representation and internal and external communications.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Keeps the Country Director and HQ Program Manager informed on key donor strategies and priorities, and aware of specific calls for proposals.
- Scope out new donor opportunities in country or the region.
- Maintain the Grants Management Information System with key donor information.
Donor and Consortium Engagement:
- Support the Country Director in developing and maintaining donor relationships with in-country donor agencies, and with potential and actual consortium partners through face-to-face meetings, email and phone.
- Arrange and coordinate in-country donor visits for monitoring and evaluation, in consultation with the Country Director and HQ Program Manager.
- In coordination with the Country Director, attend relevant cluster and inter-agency meetings where there may be a strategic benefit to MTI.
- In coordination with the Country Director, proactively, regularly and consistently represent MTI to host and foreign governments, humanitarian actors including UN agencies and NGOs, faith-based and partner organizations, media and other relevant parties.
- Ensure strong and transparent communication channels with other Integral Alliance members active in the regional response.
Project Design and Proposal Writing:
- Support in-country staff to gather required baseline data through participatory needs assessments, ongoing programming and secondary data sources.
- Coordinate the provision and sharing of the required information for Project Design Meetings, to ensure that project and proposal development follows approved processes and engages relevant departments for strategic input.
- Lead the country team in the development of concept notes and proposals, including budgets (working closely with finance teams) and any required supporting documentation, while ensuring donor guidelines are understood and followed, and in close coordination with all those involved in the management of projects and programs.
Ensuring Donor and MTI Compliance:
- Facilitate the sign off of donor contracts, ensuring legal review, sign off with delegated authorities. Ensure that the Country Director and program team are aware of and able to comply with the contractual obligations being entered into.
- Support the training and ongoing support of relevant staff on the contractual agreements and donor rules and regulations of the signed contracts.
- Coordinate the monitoring of compliance to specific donor rules and regulations, highlighting areas of insufficient compliance to the Country Director and HQ Program Manager immediately.
- Ensure donor visibility and branding commitments are adhered to.
- In collaboration with the Country Director, senior program staff and HQ Program Manager, monitor the implementation of the project closure guidelines at the end of every project, including facilitating learning reviews.
Monitoring of Project Implementation:
- Visit project activities on the ground to verify accuracy of reports and alignment to project contracts.
- Ensure availability and appropriate use of programming information to be used in reports, information briefs, bulletins and case studies.
- Maintain a standard filing system to ensure core donor and project related documentation is held and accessible, using effective paper and electronic filing systems.
- Oversee and maintain the program’s Grant Management Information System to ensure the timely and quality submission of internal and external proposals and reports, setting and communicating deadlines for draft submissions.
- Support the country team to coordinate all project related reporting, and act as the point of contact for project related information to and from the donor (via HQ where applicable), document case studies and beneficiary stories, coordinating responses to requests and disseminating information to country staff.
- Edit and undertake final proof reading of all documentation prior to submission to ensure quality control, focusing on clarity, consistency, and application of PCM good practice.
- Actively draw out lessons to be shared within the country team, but also with other relevant stakeholders internally and externally within the response.
- Support and facilitate end of project learning reviews and, where applicable, external evaluations, to ensure learning is captured, understood and disseminated within the program and corporately for possible inclusion into emerging best practice.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Utilize volunteers whenever possible.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Degree in humanitarian affairs, international relations, or another relevant field.
- Masters degree, or equivalent relevant work experience highly desirable.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with international NGOs or donors in grant acquisition and management.
- Work experience in Spanish-speaking South American country.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Dedication to the mission of Medical Teams International.
- Commitment to organizational strengthening and programmatic growth in accordance with humanitarian needs.
- Proven ability to produce winning proposals for public and/or private sector donors (including one or more of USAID, ECHO or GIZ).
- Experience in logframe development and Project Cycle Management.
- Strong organizational and administrative capacity, including proficiency in budget development and management.
- Proven ability to produce high quality donor reports in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to apply complex donor rules to program implementation, training program staff where necessary.
- Experience in developing case studies for external audiences in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Excellent and diplomatic communication and representation skills.
- Proven ability to develop strong and positive relationships across the spectrum of humanitarian actors.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to learn new processes and systems.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Verbal and written fluency in English essential
- Verbal and written fluency in Spanish essential
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Requires frequent use of personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, copy machine, and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- The employee may be required to regularly travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living
To learn more about this position and to apply please visit our website at https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=17965&clientkey=BE1660BE3D0630C7C609C2764DD1B065