Requisition ID: req7398
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kitgum, Uganda
The Supply Chain Officer holds the primary responsibility of carrying out various supply chain monitoring and coordination functions including procurement, logistics/ transport, warehousing, Asset management, and maintenance reporting any incidents that may arise immediately to the Supply Chain Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all IRC and donor purchasing procedures and regulations, ensuring all PRs are correctly filled in with all the required information.
- Ensure all procurements are fully and accurately documented, which leads to easy tracing of procurement records.
- Continuously inform the program staff of the progress and constraints in the procurement process and develop solutions in consultation with the Program Managers.
- Ensuring that all procurement is done at the best value possible, while maintaining the quality of the product.
- Ensure procurement is done in the most transparent and cost effective way possible.
- Ensure all procurement activities are fully and transparently documented through PRs, POs, RFQs, Comparative Statements, Bid Analysis, Invoices and Delivery Reports.
- Initiate Invitations to Bids and collect quotations from suppliers as necessary and when necessary.
- Coordinate with finance Officer and Supply Chain Manager for the supplies and making sure suppliers are paid effectively.
- Maintain efficient systems for purchase requisitions, orders, and their administration through files that easily demonstrate open vs closed purchase requests.
- Maintain database of good and reliable suppliers for different categories of supplies, goods and works.
- In coordination with the Program Managers and Supply Chain Manager set up MPAs and MSAs for the field site.
- Keep Supervisor informed of all developments and issues through daily briefing, weekly procurements updates and bi-monthly reports.
- Provide ongoing training, advice to supply chain and program staff in procurement policies, systems and procedures.
- Responsible for contracting vehicles for transportation of materials to the Program offices and sites.
- Submit monthly report on cost and status of all procurement during reporting period.
- Assist with any other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager and Health Managers to design a suitably staffed and equipped transport function to support the IRC’s vehicle operations and policies.
- Implement and direct IRC standard Vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Advise the Program Managers and Supply Chain Manager on vehicle requirements and issues.
- Manage and be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and inventory management of all vehicle related parts and consumables, including fuel.
- Evaluate, manage and monitor drivers.
- Ensure that appropriate communications equipment is installed and functioning in IRC vehicles to meet the operational and security requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Ensure that all vehicles are maintained in efficient manner. Schedule timely and regular preventive maintenance of all vehicles and Generators.
- Ensure that regular meeting is taking place with the drivers, and reports any concerns to the Program Managers.
- Compile the drivers’ duty roster and work schedule·
- Coordinate with admin to ensure mail is distributed by drivers to the correct recipients.
- Ensure that all drivers are in possession of driver's valid licenses and that all vehicles are insured.
Inventory Management (Warehousing and Asset)
- Advise the Program Managers and Supply Chain manager on the potential inventory shortages, warehouse specific issues or improvements.
- Implement and ensure clear loading/offloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Organize shipment of the program materials to the Program site.
- Maintain proper tracking of all the IRC assets present in the Kitgum/Lamwo Program
- Manage stock quipping records including Asset issue form, asset register and tags.
- Prepare a monthly activity report for submission to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Produce a monthly Vehicle operation report,
- Asset List and stock report including transit stock.
- Prepare a PR and commitment tracking report
Key Working Relationships
Direct supervisor:Supply Chain Manager.
Indirect working relationship:Health Manager, Field Coordinator, Finance Officer, Program Officers, Transport Officer, Head Driver, and Supply Chain Coordinator
Position directly supervises:Supply Chain Assistant/stores, Interns, Volunteers and Guards
- Other external stakeholders
- Degree inProcurement, Business Administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related Program
- Fluent English and local language a plus
- 2 years of experience working as a Supply Chain Officer in a multi-cultural environment
- Good communication and staff management skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets; Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
- Deadline for receiving applications is 20th December 2019.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct.These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.