Human Resources Assistant
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world's leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a qualified HR Assistant. The HR Assistant will provide administrative and technical Human Resources support as per DRC, donor and local law regulations and procedures.
Overall purpose of the role:
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Recruitment and compensations & benefits
- Ensure staff recruitment and contracting process is in line with DRC procedure and the local labor law
- Prepare Recruitment Forms
- Ensure that all the recruitement documents are available in all the files.
- Send out job offers and process the paperwork for new hires
- Support in writing Terms of References for staff
- Prepare local staff contracts (new recruitments, contract extensions or renewals) and ensure each staff is aware of contract terms and conditions
- Create new account for the employee in the ERP HR Module.
- Ensure that personnel files are kept up to date and deadlines respected following DRC standards and local law requirement
- Ensure internal orders are issued when needed
- Interact with other DRC offices in Ukraine, to assure timely and accurate documentation turnover.
People planning, performance, development and well-being
- Monitor and update staff leave balances and staff attendance
- Administrative tasks in relation to performance and development processes, ensure all staff understand the procedure and know how to follow it
- Administrative tasks in relation to staff development
- Ensure compliance in Human Resources Administration Management to DRC Operations Handbook and local HR Handbook
- Ensure new staff receive an appropriate orientation and induction.
- Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff.
- Take part in expatriate management process, support in Visa/Temporary Residence Permits obtaining process
We expect you to have experience in HR sphere, including Ukrainian HR Administration and you keen to keep growing and developing professionally. You are motivated and focused on delivering high-quality support to your team memebers.
Required experience and competencies
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in HR field, experience in NGO will be an asset
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Programmes (E.g. Excel and Word)
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Understanding of local labor law
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: till 30th of April 2020 with possibility of extension based on available funding.
Start date; January 2020
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
ATTENTION: Though external and internal candidates are equally encouraged to apply for this position, in case of equal level of qualifications and interview performance the preference will be given to an internal candidate. Closing date for applications: 20 December 2019.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.