Adviser on Integrated Border Management
|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Police administrative courses in relevant field and specialized subject area
Minimum 10 years of diversified police experience including at least 12 months operational experience in the relevant field and specialized subject area
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of the Police Development Unit and direct supervision of the Senior Police Adviser, the Adviser on Integrated Border Management* will be responsible for:
1. Providing recommendations to the Mission’s, Department’s and Unit’s leadership on the analysis, development, and implementation of the policing programs/projects in the area of Integrated Border Management;
2. Assisting the Ministry of the Internal Affairs and other national counterparts in identifying and analyzing problems/needs/risks, as well as improving strategies, policies and practices in the area of Integrated Border Management, proposing appropriate initiatives, plans, projects and course of activities to address them;
3. Promoting and facilitating national and international co-ordination and co-operation among all the relevant authorities and agencies involved in border security and trade facilitation to establish effective, efficient and Integrated Border Management systems, in order to reach the objective of open, but well controlled and secure borders;
4.Ensuring the core pillars of the Integrated Border Management concept are implemented at all relevant levels (intra-service, inter-agency and international cooperation);
5. Participating in delivering training, coaching and mentoring to national law enforcement trainers on Integrated Border Management related subjects;
6. Where relevant to the subject of migration/refugee security, assisting counterparts in identifying and analyzing emerging security issues; preparing mission early warning reports; and assistsing counterparts, including monitoring and mentoring, in developing and implementing appropriate action plans, projects and outreach programs;
7. Organizing, facilitating or participating/representing the Mission in various events such as conferences, workshops, seminars, meetings, working groups etc. aimed at improving capacities to address existing Integrated Border Management related problems and challenges;
8. Co-ordinating activities with relevant international partners to prevent duplication and overlapping; co-operating with neighboring OSCE missions for the purpose of promoting the regional approach while providing assistance in Integrated Border Management sphere;
9. Ensuring that human rights standards, principles of police ethics, gender mainstreaming and other internationally recognized standards are considered and incorporated in all his/her activities;
10. Implementing or assisting in the implementation of other Police Development Unit projects and initiatives if needed;
11. Supervising the work of one or more national Mission Member/s;
12. At the discretion of the Chief of Police Development Unit, performing other related work as assigned.
For more detailed information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Skopje, please see www.osce.org/skopje.
* Assignment to this position is subject to approval of the OSCE Unified Budget for 2020.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.
Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.