Community Development Facilitator, South Sudan
South Sudan (South Sudan)
Are you an experienced development professional with a heart for the hurting? As a Community Development Facilitator in South Sudan, you will be given the opportunity to provide expertise to local communities with the goal of developing and fortifying sustainable practices and productions which would lead to long-term community stability. For an opportunity to serve a struggling population in a tangible way, put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Uses a community entry process to establish and build positive working relationships with community groups, leaders, key stakeholders and government entities.
- Utilizes local informants as local experts, engages in an ongoing process of learning about the peoples, cultures and communities.
- Engages groups and leaders in strengths-based self-reflection and visioning processes for community, social cohesion, and increased self-governance.
- Assists groups, churches, and communities to develop their own goals and action plans toward social cohesion and self-governance, and supports the implementation of the action plans.
- Uses an action-reflection cycle to assist groups, churches, and communities with the evaluations of their own work, and captures lessons learned to inform subsequent project cycles.
- Works with the project researchers to facilitate the research process, provide data, and engage in active ongoing research to capture data about the adaptive community development process.
- Maintains timely and accurate budget controls, and provides necessary reporting to Country Director and International Headquarters in keeping with organizational policy.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; Humanities or Social Science discipline.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Excellent skills in community-owned Asset-Based Community Development approaches
- Excellent relational, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Proven abilities in group & community conflict resolution processes
- Understanding of basic principles of adult education and their relationship to the core principles of participatory development.
- Adaptive project management orientation, including relevant monitoring & evaluation capacities
- Basic computer literacy (e-mail, Skype, etc.)
- Desire to empower the local Church to be Jesus’ healing power in their communities.
- Experience working and living overseas, particularly in austere and/or remote environments.
- Fluent spoken and written English required; Arabic language proficiency desirable.
- Possesses strong interpersonal communication skills, preferably with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- High degree of flexibility; willing to travel in and out of field.
This position is unaccompanied.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
To receive consideration for this position, please submit application, resume, and cover letter to: