WASH Program Manager, South Sudan
South Sudan (South Sudan)
Are you an experienced Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) professional with a longing to serve as the hands and feet of Christ? Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a WASH Program Manager for our office in South Sudan, where we have answered the call to bring a tangible representation of Christ’s love through the delivery of safe drinking water and hygiene to a people in need. Intrigued? Read on to see if you could be the one to answer the call!
Description of Job Duties:
- Designs and improves the technical engineering implementation aspects of the Samaritan’s Purse WASH Program in assigned camps.
- Manages a staff of Water and Sanitation Engineers and Technicians in all areas of water and sanitation technology.
- Coordinates and leads any emergency relief situations involving WASH efforts, creating and drafting technical designs, and submitting regular reports on the work being completed.
- Responsible for reporting, cross-departmental coordination, financial accountability, external stakeholders’ engagement, supporting project managers, and coordination in the WASH sector.
- Monitors the events/outputs to ensure the timely completion of the project.
- Ensures the program meet donors requirement including time frame, resource allocation, scope, and risk management.
- Ensures the program stays within the work plan and within the scope of overall Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan WASH programming.
- Works with program departments and operations manager to create update and attain the WASH implementation plan as per the set standard.
- Ensures the project will satisfy the needs of the beneficiaries. Provides oversight of water source construction and sanitation projects to ensure quality.
- Ensures WASH plans are developed and implemented with community engagement, taking into account local needs.
- Upholds a high standard of quality by ensuring all programs refer to technical standards, conform to government standards, and are aligned with internal and external strategic objectives.
- Represents Samaritan’s Purse WASH program in coordination meetings with UNHCR and other camp management meetings.
- Trains national staff in WASH-related technical areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in water supply and sanitation engineering, hydraulic engineering, civil engineering, or related field.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- At least three years’ work experience in similar WASH role.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience working with UNHCR is an added advantage.
- Proficient in Auto CAD, EPANET 2, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Diplomatic in communications with all NGO, governmental, and community partners.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in an ever-changing environment.
- Must be culturally sensitive and respectful of church leaders from all denominations.
- The WASH Program Manager must work outside in all different weather conditions including extreme cold and extreme heat when conducting field visits.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
To receive consideration for this position, please submit your application, resume, and cover letter to: