ERP Systems Administrator (P2)
The Department of Management (MT) provides a âplatform of servicesâ that serves as a foundation for the successful delivery of the IAEAâs scientific and technical programmes. Its mission statement is as follows\: âMT is a partner and a business enabler that champions change and efficiency, leveraging a common purposeâ. Thus, among other support activities, it assists a scientific manager in recruiting the right expert, helps a technical officer coordinate the purchase of radiation equipment, and ensures that all Board documents are translated and distributed on a timely basis to Member States.
The Division of Information Technology provides support to the IAEA in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), including information systems for technical programmes and management. It is responsible for planning, developing and implementing an ICT strategy, for setting and enforcing common ICT standards throughout the Secretariat and for managing central ICT services. The IAEA's ICT infrastructure comprises state of the art hardware and software platforms in a partially decentralized environment. The Division has implemented an IT service management model based on ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and Prince2 (Projects in a Controlled Environment) best practices.
The IAEA's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, known as the Agency-wide Information System for Programme Support (AIPS), was implemented in a multi-phased phased approach beginning in 2011 and completing in 2017. AIPS provides a single, fully-integrated solution that standardizes and improves efficiency of business processes by leveraging the Oracle ERP suite of products. AIPS encompasses 8 business domains\: finance, procurement, programme and project management, planning and budgeting, human resources and payroll, contacts, travel and events management. The AIPS Management Section (AMS) within the Division of Information Technology manages the operations, maintenance, improvements, and support for the AIPS system in collaboration with business process owners. The AMS Section consists of approximately 20 staff members and is led by a Section Head, who reports to the Director of Information Technology/CIO.
The ERP Systems Administrator is member of the AIPS Management Section (AMS) and reports to ERP Technical Lead. He/ She proactively monitors and manages different instances of the AIPS enterprise system, monitors ongoing interfaces for optimum performance and capacity constraints, provides functional and system administration for the AIPS system and is a focal point for co-ordinating hosting and support services necessary from the hosting partner.
The ERP Systems Administrator is\: an Oracle E-Business Suite technical specialist, leveraging knowledge of the Oracle ERP system architecture and infrastructure; an administrator of operational ERP system support services; a facilitator, soliciting inputs from other specialists including the hosting service provider partner.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Proactively monitor different instances of the AIPS enterprise system and its interfaces for optimum performance and capacity constraints and provide technical support for the system and its interfaces.
- Manage and monitor the various integration points between AIPS and internal/external systems (including Cloud-based solutions).
- Coordinate technical aspects and ensure that the services provided by the external hosting partner are aligned with the system needs and that the corresponding level of performance is obtained.
- Provide administration and problem/performance analysis and resolution of any technical or integration issue that might arise, create data fixes when required, write ad-hoc queries and reports. Undertake setup or configuration of system when required.
- Administer the application responsibilities and menus, concurrent managers, workflow reassignments and vacation rule settings, user access and responsibility assignments for the AIPS system.
- Act as focal point to the external hosting partner for the service requests, code deployments, patch analysis and deployments.
- Act as Release Manager, managing releases into different instances, maintenance of CEMLI elements in Version Control System.
- Act as the Oracle APEX administrator for development instances.
- Provide support and administer the iSupport service support application.
- Lead the non-functional testing of ERP applications (security testing, performance testing, network testing, etc.).
- Coordinate with the Information Security section on the application of security patches and identification of any potential threats to the AIPS applications;
- Provide support for the implementation of EBS Upgrades.
- Perform management, deployment and tuning tasks for development EBS instances.
- Inform and advise the technical team on performance issues.
- Provide technical support and administration for Hyperion.
Competencies and Expertise
|Communication||Communicates orally and in writing in a clear, concise and impartial manner. Takes time to listen to and understand the perspectives of others and proposes solutions.|
|Achieving Results||Takes initiative in defining realistic outputs and clarifying roles, responsibilities and expected results in the context of the Department/Divisionâs programme. Evaluates his/her results realistically, drawing conclusions from lessons learned.|
|Teamwork||Actively contributes to achieving team results. Supports team decisions.|
|Planning and Organizing||Plans and organizes his/her own work in support of achieving the team or Sectionâs priorities. Takes into account potential changes and proposes contingency plans.|
|Client orientation||Establishes effective relationships with clients to understand and meet or exceed their needs. Finds ways to ensure client satisfaction.|
|Commitment to continuous process improvement||Identifies opportunities for process, system and structural improvement as well as improving current practices, increasing effectiveness and achieving efficiency gains. Actively supports the application of sound quality management standards and process improvement.|
|Technical/scientific credibility||Acquires and applies new skills to remain up to date in his/her area of expertise. Reliably applies knowledge of basic technical/scientific methods and concepts.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Information Technology - Oracle|ERP Systems (Oracle) Development||In depth understanding of the E-Business Suite technical architecture and infrastructure (Release 12)|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Information Technology - Oracle|Oracle Developer Tools (Java/J2EE/J2ME)||Intermediate understanding of Developer Tools such as Java, J2EE, J2ME|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Information Technology - Oracle|Oracle Developer Tools (SQL/PLSQL/Forms/Reports/WF)||Advanced understanding of Developer Tools such as SQL, PLSQL, Forms, Report, WF|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Information Technology - Oracle|Oracle Developer Tools (UNIX)||Expert understanding of Developer Tools such as UNIX|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Information Technology - Oracle|Oracle Developer Tools (XML)||Expert understanding of Developer Tools such as XML|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Information Technology - Oracle|Oracle Framework ADF/OAF||Advanced understanding of Oracle Framework, ADF, OAF|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Information Technology - Oracle|Oracle Technical - Data Integrator||Intermediate understanding of Data Integrator|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Information Technology - Oracle|Oracle Technical - Fusion technologies||Intermediate understanding of Fusion technologies|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Information Technology - Oracle|Oracle Technical - SOA Gateway||Intermediate understanding of SOA Gateway|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Information Technology - Oracle|Oracle Technical\: BI||Expert understanding of Business Intelligence|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Information Technology - Oracle|Oracle Technical\: OBIEE||Intermediate understanding of OBIEE|
|Information Technology||Information Technology|Information Security||Expert understanding of information security and secure coding techniques|
Qualifications, Experience and Language skills
- University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting or Management or other related fields.
- Minimum of two years of experience in designing, building, testing and troubleshoot complex issues, test system patches and upgrades, conduct regression tests on Oracle ERPBS R12 based custom RICEFW (Reports, Interfaces, Conversion, Enhancements, Forms and Workflows)/CEMLI (Customizations, Extensions, Modifications, Localizations, and Integrations) components and other applications like, APEX, ADF, WLS and ODI.
- Strong knowledge of information security and secure coding techniques.
- Familiarity with ITIL and PRINCE2 methodology is highly desirable.
- Experience with EBS Upgrades highly desirable.
- Experience with the implementation of automated deployment tools an asset.
- Excellent oral and written command of English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
The IAEA offers an attractive remuneration package including a tax-free annual net base salary starting at US $47322 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), a variable post adjustment which currently amounts to US $ 19449, dependency benefits, rental subsidy, education grant, relocation and repatriation expenses; 6 weeks' annual vacation, home leave, pension plan and health insurance
Applications from qualified women and candidates from developing countries are encouraged
Applicants should be aware that IAEA staff members are international civil servants and may not accept instructions from any other authority. The IAEA is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. As part of the United Nations common system, the IAEA subscribes to the following core ethical standards (or values)\: Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for diversity. Staff members may be assigned to any location. The IAEA retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade or with a different contract type, or to make an appointment with a modified job description or for shorter duration than indicated above. Testing may be part of the recruitment process