Local Consultant: Development of IYCF Implementation Plan - 10 Months
• The IYCF Strategic Plan 2017-2030 is now finalized and is expected to be disseminated into an Administrative Order nationwide in collaboration with the Department of Health. However, IYCF 2030 Milestones need to be carried out on top of routine programming and adopted for implementation nationwide.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a fair chance
UNICEF has been an active partner of the Government of the Philippines and civil society in realizing the rights of every Filipino child, in line with priorities to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. UNICEF efforts have been focused on the most vulnerable regions identified by the Government of the Philippines Development Plan, particularly in the regions of Visayas and Mindanao. To ensure that interventions are sustainable and scaled up, UNICEF will support primarily local government units (LGUs) as the main instruments of delivering services and building systems. The level of engagement with government institutions will take into account capacities, economies of scale and sector issues.
It has a field office in Cotabato City, the second largest city in Mindanao, southern Philippines, with some 300,000 population. The city is the regional administrative centre of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao and over 80 percent of the population is Muslim. Mindanao is both conflict-affected and prone to frequent earthquakes and typhoon storms.
Visit this link for more information on Philippine Country Office: https://www.unicef.org/philippines/
How can you make a difference?
A consultant will be hired as a continuing support of UNICEF to ensure that the IYCF 2030 Strategic Plan is set into motion focusing on 5 critical milestones:
(1) Harmonization of all initiatives on IYCF with major stakeholders
(2) Drafting and costing of the IYCF 2030 Implementation Plan
(3) Launch of the IYCF 2030 movement for stakeholder engagement
(4) Knowledge management through the IYCF 2030 Dashboard
(5) Initial implementation in CPC 8 areas in coordination with UNICEF identified 19 LGUs and 2 provinces partner LGUs and other areas when necessary.
The consultant's contribution will assist the implementation of the nutrition program in the coming 10 months will be highly valuable. Under the supervision of nutrition specialist, the consultant will work closely with the DOH Disease and Prevention and Control Bureau's Women, Men and Children's Health Development Divisions (DPCB-WMCHDD) Director III and UNICEF implementing partner.
- 1. Provide support and technical direction in the design and implementation of harmonization initiatives between major IYCF stakeholders
2. Develop the technical design, content and upkeep of the IYCF 2030 Dashboard, ensuring that the platform is well-promoted and populated with up to date information and resources.
3. Conduct series of consultative workshops with different stakeholders in the development of IYCF 2030 implementation plan.
4. Drafting and costing of the IYCF 2030 implementation plan with final approval per consultation at the regional level.
5. Dissemination workshop involving the 17 regions at the national level
6. Submission of documentation and final consultancy report
- Provide support and technical direction in the design and implementation of harmonization initiatives between major IYCF stakeholders
- Develop the technical design, content and upkeep of the IYCF 2030 Dashboard, ensuring that the platform is well-promoted and populated with up to date information and resources.
- Conduct series of consultative workshops with different stakeholders in the development of IYCF 2030 implementation plan.
- Drafting and costing of the IYCF 2030 implementation plan with final approval per consultation at the regional level.
- Dissemination workshop involving the 17 regions at the national level
- Submission of documentation and final consultancy report
- Meeting documentation of stakeholders’ agreements and commitments
- Document/showing consolidating and mapping of IYCF initiatives with major stakeholders
- Updated IYCF 2030 and Nutrition dashboard
- Drafted implementation plan based from the consultation with different stakeholders.
- Costed IYCF 2030 implementation plans and recommendations for actions per region.
- Lessons learned and recommendations
- Documentation and final write up of the report
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant
- Master's degree in any of the following areas: nutrition, public health, economics, business development, development planning, public policy or health policy, development studies, or other development-related field.
Five (5) years professional experience in strategic development planning and/or management. Have demonstrated experience in working with government partners and other stakeholders in public sector especially in the areas of policy analysis and development; development planning and programming both at the national and local levels. Ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal day to day supervision. Excellent skills and experience in designing/reviewing plans.
Fluency in English and local language is desirable.
- Familiarity to health and nutrition programming both national and local.
- High coordination and communication skills.
- Experienced working with local government units, in particularly working on health and nutrition programs.
- Experienced working with national government agencies: DOH, NNC and other NGOs
- Working with UN agencies and other development partners an advantage
- Good communication skills both English and local dialect. Excellent writing and analytical skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 22 January 2020. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number: 528990 will be considered.
All candidates are requested to submit a COVER LETTER, and the duly filled P 11 form which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc indicating three (3) previous supervisors. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted.
By applying through our Talent Management System (TMS) you agree to our privacy statement which is in line with the Philippines Data Privacy Act. You are strongly advised to read carefully through the privacy statement before submitting your application.
"UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles."