Call For Expression Of Interest – HQ Regular Volunteer Programme
The FAO Regular Volunteer Programme provides opportunities for individuals to contribute their volunteer actions, where suitable, to support the work of FAO in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Programme proactively and strategically mobilizes broad-based volunteer services of citizens of the Member States, especially from the global south, to contribute to end hunger, malnutrition and food insecurity.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
The volunteer will report to an assigned supervisor.
The volunteer may be assigned in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
Tasks and responsibilities
The volunteer will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the volunteer.
- Must have completed secondary school education.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, English, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates must be aged 18 or older.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skills and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programmes.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Volunteer Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
FAO Core Competencies
Relevant working or research experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
Candidates may be assigned in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
Information to applicants
HOW TO APPLY